cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cllaudee
Journeyman III

sr4 lamplight driver error

hello! I have a 7 3700x processor, and my main board is currently an ASUS b450-f. For some reason, my CPU fan keeps "disconnecting" and windows gives an error. If I go to devices and watch it, something called "SR4 lamplight controller" keeps going on and then off, with "driver error" as the reason. I uninstalled all of the AMD drivers and wraith prism, and reinstalled them all including the chipset and I keep getting the error? Other than that I unplugged it from the board's CPU_fan spot and reseated it, and then tried it in different spots and it STILL has the issue. IDK what to do :/ I can use the PC but it drives me nuts seeing the CPU fan flash on and off, AND since windows wants to recognize it the stupid USB connected/disconnected sounds are non stop lol... 

i added a video pls ignore my desktop oops. I have dual monitors but i disconnected one bc ive been troubleshooting for like 4 hours .. i have so much homework due soon lol.

0 Likes
3 Replies

That error is in regards to the Wraith RGB.

For the time being disconnect the 4 pin RGB cable from the Wraith to the motherboard and that should stop the error.

See if by updating the RGB software will fix the error if not see below than:

If the Wraith came bundled with your processor when you purchased it, then it has a 3 year Warranty by AMD. But first you must go through your Retailer if they still have a Warranty in effect. If no warranty from the Retailer than open a AMD Warranty Request from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

See if the Retailer or AMD believes your Wraith is defective as far as the RGB is concerned.

EDIT: If the Wraith is working normally as far as maintaining your Ryzen Processor from overheating and RGB is not important then just keep the RGB cable disconnected and ignore the RGB not working.

yay! OK! good to know ^_^ last night i actually did unplug the 4 pin RGB and it went away immediately. it's good to know that's the fix for now  i just guessed and took it out after a few more hours TuT i don't care about the RGB since it's default matches my RGB since it's just rainbows. good to know about the warranty too  thank you so much !!!

not sure what Asus does but my MSI X570 motherboard has a full range of options for my CPU cooler which I have tied to the thermal sensor so when it turns red I know my processor is really hot working.

0 Likes