cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zentark360
Journeyman III

Spire RGB Cable Last Resort!

Hello, some time ago, I got a Wraith Spire Cooler from a friend, as I had purchased one of the processors that didn't include a cooler. (This was because I was under the impression my current fan at the time was compatible (I was wrong)). He gave it to me as a gift since he had a new one, but he was unable to find the separate 4-Pin RGB cable. I've spent months searching every store, website and forum for literally ANY lead as to where to buy or get a replacement, all to no avail. I really just want to see this thing the way it's supposed to work. Everyone who seems to have the same problem is either left unanswered or told to go to the place they got it from. That is NOT a viable option. That's only pushing the problem off on someone else who probably can't help anyway -so enough ranting. This is literally the only place that makes these stupid cords. Where can I get or purchase a replacement rgb cable for the AM4 Ryzen Wraith Spire cooler? Please don't fall on deaf ears. I'm not mad, I just need help .

0 Likes
2 Replies

Someone in Reddit ask the same question on a thread. This is the reply he received when he contacted AMD Support:

Dear Ryan,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[pmMeIfYouWantTheNumber]} has been reviewed and updated. Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the email. I understand you lost the RGB cable and wish to purchase the new one.

I am sorry but RGB cable are bundle with wraith spire Cooler itself. AMD doesn’t have any option to provide individually. I suggest you to please check in a local market and also check for an alternative cable.

Thanks for contacting AMD. In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

or

AMD Global Customer Care

So AMD can't help you get a replacement RGB Cable for your  Wraith Spire.

Only way is to purchase a USED AMD Wraith LED Spire and use its cable. But they sell for about 30-40 dollars on Ebay.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate this information, as in all the searching I've done, this is the most in depth answer. I hate the idea of buying a whole new cooler just because I want it to light up, so I'll keep my eyes open still. That just seems like a waste. Thanks, though.

0 Likes