Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

faxfan2002
Journeyman III

SP3 Carrier frame broken

Hi All,

Any idea where to get a replacement carrier frame SP3 (1920X threadripper) from? Bit stuck as the one I have doesn't hold the processor whilst installing

0 Likes
8 Replies

Several other Users have asked about the orange mounting frame replacement. They don't sell that as a separate item. It comes with the Ryzen CPU.

The only thing I recommend is to open an online AMD Warranty Request form and see if AMD will send you another one under Warranty from here: AMD Warranty Request Form | AMD

0 Likes

I've done the Warranty request form but not yeat heard anything. Do you know roughly how long is too long for AMD support?

0 Likes

All sorted, frame arrived late last week so around 2 weeks from end to end and over the festive holidays. Pretty good service!

Took a little bit of explaining what I actually required but some photos helped.

Thanks for verifying that AMD will replace the Orange Frame under Warranty.

No one had ever come back to mention if they ever received the Orange frame when they made a AMD Warranty Request online.

0 Likes
bellabicare
Journeyman III

All sorted, my frame arrived too

I also misplaced the carrier for my EPYC 7551P. 

I'm on a time limit, hopefully they can accelerate the process for me.

0 Likes
marioroy
Journeyman III

I experienced the same issue today. One of the stand-off, for connecting the CPU cooler, detached from the carrier frame.

0 Likes

I purchased a broken TRX40 motherboard off eBay which had a Lotes retention bracket. I find the Lotes bracket to be better made than Foxconn. My system is back up and running again.