cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

usererror
Adept I

SOLVED by AMD - Cross Shipping? Is it even possible with AMD?

So, you can't get any tech support for CPUs by phone (according to their phone system), and you have to do it all via a form.  So, how does cross shipping work?

I can't just go buy another CPU ($200+ investment) because they got something wrong in the manufacturing process, but I also can't put a whole machine out of service for weeks or a month (or months if they send me another faulty CPU, which we all know hapens) because they made an error.  Add in that I have no way of knowing if the CPU I go buy to fill the gap is good or bad (aka is of the first batch that has the same manufacturing defects).

How do we go about setting up cross shipping then?

I already have an RMA number.  We have verified as best as possible that my CPU is in fact one which needs replacement, so whether it needs to be replaced isn't in question.

I am on a timeline.  I have roughly three weeks to completely solve these issues, or I have to give up on Ryzen (and AMD as a whole) for another decade.  I really want this to work, AMD.

0 Likes
9 Replies

AMD doesn't cross ship RMAs.

0 Likes

Huh.. So, do they buy back defective products?  Because that'd be the only other acceptable solution here.

0 Likes

I actually have a motherboard I bought to try to figure this whole situation out that I either have to return, or I am stuck with.  So, the timeline is real.  And unless they cross ship, that timeline can't be met.

0 Likes

Nope, but in clear cut cases like this they should ship the replacement out the next day, that's what they did with mine.

0 Likes

The next day as in the day after they receive the defective one?

0 Likes

If it's not a weekend.

0 Likes
usererror
Adept I

I love how they have time to moderate each post/question, holding it in queue for hours, but not to answer them.

0 Likes

I've sent you a Direct Message.

0 Likes
usererror
Adept I

I updated the title to reflect that this situation with the help of ray_m has been solved.