cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bob21
Journeyman III

So how many RMAs does it take to get a working product?

Yes I am pissed off. FIrst ryzen 5 3600 failed after 30 days. 1 week of RMA emails back and forth because these positions only begin their shift at 10pm so I only get one response a day. Finally finish that and get my replacement CPU 1.5 weeks later and its dead on arrival. This is absolutely pathetic.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Are you sure it's a CPU issue?

0 Likes

^ My thoughts exactly. 

I have owned about a dozen CPUs over the last 15 years and to this day, I have yet to kill one (or get a bad one), even with 24/7 OCs on most of those chips.

I once had a bad power supply that made me think I was getting multiple bad NVIDIA GTX 295's, but after the 3rd RMA, I figured it must be something else. Still, EVGA sent me a GTX 480 to try and fix the issue. Before it arrived, I hooked up a new power supply and the "bad" GTX 295 fired right up and ran fine. I of course took that GTX 480 though, haha. 

I would be inspecting all of your equipment, but mainly, your motherboard, RAM and power supply. 

Do you have the ability to run your replacement CPU/s in a different system? Do you know anyone locally with the same generation who would let you try?

Good luck and give us any other info you can! 

I have had more bad luck with bad motherboards and power supplies. I ended up with a TX850V2 which I used for a long time before I bought the AX860i. The AX860i however failed, so Corsair sent me an HX1000i which has been in use now for 4 months.

I have killed so many Asus motherboards, while a cheap MSI 970A G43 lasted longer than all 4 Asus motherboard.

My X570 is now in the midst of RMA so when that cycle completes. Guess MSI has some bad luck too.

I am using the X470 which shows it has minor issues with the R5 3600 processor. It seems that Radeon cards are problematic while my EVGA GTX 1060 does not evoke anything.

I have spare parts galore so I have more options in the studio.

0 Likes

Since you didn't post your computer specs,

When you power up the motherboard, does it have any Trouble LED or Digital Codes indicating why it won't boot?

If the motherboard doesn't have any of the above then listen to the BEEPS when you power up. That will also indicate what hardware is having problems.

You didn't post exactly what happens that you felt it was a defective Processor. Can you explain what is happening when you power up?

Since it worked for 30 days it seems like a hardware went bad. Most people RMA both the Motherboard and Processor. A defective Motherboard could cause the issues you are having besides a defective PSU.

As mentioned earlier, if you can have your DOA processor tested on another compatible PC that will prove if it is a defective Processor or not. If it works on another computer than the problem is in your computer. You can have the Techs at Best Buy check out the computer but that will be expensive.

0 Likes