cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

AcornArmy
Journeyman III

So annoyed and frustrated that I'm seriously thinking about just buying a 10900k

What good is it to put out a processor that everyone wants when you don't supply enough of them for anyone to buy one unless they go through scalpers for twice the price?? The only people who can seem to get the new 5000 series processors are scalpers-- using bots-- and reviewers, who probably get their processors direct from AMD for free.

I'm honestly so annoyed and frustrated with AMD right now that I'm thinking about just buying a 10900k, just so I don't have to worry about getting ahold of a 5600 or 5900 anymore. This is pathetic.

0 Likes
16 Replies
xesap58662
Adept II

I brought mine ez

It was harder getting the motherboard

0 Likes

When is more inventory coming? It's been 2 months and all we have are these idiot scalpers and even bigger idiots trying to sell pictures of a CPU for $500.

0 Likes

Do you realize that AMD books the fabrication capacity space about 3 years prior to the time it begins to produce. 

Do you really think that anyone could have predicted and unprecedented demand on basically EVERYTHING, that Covid had introduced to the world?

They are being produced at maximum capacity what more can possibly be done. 

It sucks you and many others can't get one. 

Be mad at the scalpers and retailers that are creating a bigger shortage by not doing more to stop scalping. 

While I agree AMD should be more vocal and even be doing more to mitigate better retail strategies, in the end they have very little control. 

I get your frustration but we are all in this craziness together and I promise you AMD has to be just as upset as I am sure they would love to be gaining huge amounts of market share right now by having more stock if they could. 

I understand and appreciate the info.  I wish AMD took pre orders and gave timeframes for delivery.  It's frustrating to search day after day for inventory.

I was a lucky click user who got a 5600 on opening day @ msrp. Then I pushed my luck trying to get a 6000 series gpu, tried for about a week and noticed how the market was shifting. I ended up w/ last years model gpu but am entirely happy i bought it when i did, the prices jumped considerably afterwards. Best of luck to you, finding what you want; the Stones said it best though.

You dont always get what you want, You get what you need.

RE: Do you really think that anyone could have predicted and unprecedented demand on basically EVERYTHING, that Covid had introduced to the world?

Yes.

@AcornArmy Where is your tent located?
I live in Romania and still managed to buy two at around 880 EUR/piece including taxes.
Granted, the 1st one was faulty, but still.
Just checked and the shop I bought my 5950Xs from still has stock.

0 Likes

Essentially $1000 on an $800 part.
From Romania.

No thanks.

0 Likes

@colesdav wrote:

RE: Do you really think that anyone could have predicted and unprecedented demand on basically EVERYTHING, that Covid had introduced to the world?

Yes.

Well then you must have one millions on your Vegas bet, being the only genius that did. LOL

0 Likes

Maybe I should try gambling.

Happy New Year.

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

It's called supply and demand,the demand far outweighs supply,for anything this year.

And no one cares if you go buy a 10900K.

0 Likes

Think yourself lucky. 
AGESA is still changing and that is rippling through to motherboard BIOS.
It seems there is no point in buying Ryzen 5000 series CPU until working and reliable BIOS is available for motherboards.

adauphin
Adept I

Acorn, once everyone started working from home last spring, the surplus or maybe the supply, was hit hard with all the demand of PC's for the home workers and school kids.

Couple that with factories working at reduced capacity it was a downward spiral. Now you have graphics cards requiring some remaining silicone, console games slated for launch, Apple having a time slot, etc.

You can bet they cannot build them fast enough right now. The whole bot situation is out of control for sure. I just had a topic regarding warranties and make note that a scalped CPU very likely won't have a warranty. 

0 Likes

Silicon is what is used to make CPU and GPU. 

Silicone is used to make ... various things.

0 Likes

@colesdav wrote:

Silicon is what is used to make CPU and GPU. 

Silicone is used to make ... various things.

Ha.....my bad, I paid no mind to the autofill on my phone.

Thanks! 

0 Likes

I was only joking. 
Happy New Year.

0 Likes