cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Dru13
Journeyman III

Slowed Processor when openin PC

Hello, I have been having this problem for a year now. At first I didn't know what caused the sudden slowness of my PC but then I discovered that it was because the processor went from its normal speed of 3.50 GHz to 0.5GHZ. I have tried everything possible, from formatting the PC, to messing with the BIOS but nothing. Now the current situation is as follows: Whenever I open the computer or when I turn it on after suspending it, the computer starts up at the 0.5GHz processor speed, and I have to simply reboot it to get it back to its normal speed. I have to do this 100% of the time when I open the computer, and then it always works fine.

The processor is an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
1 Reply
MADZyren
Paragon

When you shutdown Windows it doesn't really reset the machine unlike restart. First aid would be to change Windows settings so, that shutdown actually resets machine and doesnt just save current state to harddrive and load it there when you start. I explained this a bit poorly,but you'll get the idea. As to what causes the symptom... Do you have latest BIOS, do you download chipset drivers from AMD's site and use latest drivers? You have dowloaded and use ryzen power profile in Windows? You should probably clear CMOS just in case something is stuck in BIOS.

0 Likes