cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

limepixel
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Should I download my chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website or from the official site?

Jump to solution

Hello.

I have an Asus Prime B350-Plus motherboard and a Ryzen 5 1600 CPU. I downloaded the chipset drivers from ASUS's site, and installed them. But I currently don't have Amd's WIndows power plan, which leads me to believe that the driver isn't the correct one. Should I download the official one for B350 motherboards from the official site and install it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Should I download my chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website or from the official site?

Jump to solution

From AMD's website.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Should I download my chipset drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website or from the official site?

Jump to solution

From AMD's website.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
abaffledwaffle
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Oh man oh man I really enjoyed my Asus Prime b350 plus -- I really hope everything works out for you with your build.

0 Kudos
limepixel
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Currently everything seems fine. All drivers installed, bios updated and gaming performance is superb

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

MODERATOR NOTE:  I am glad to see you have resolved your issue. To help keep this post on topic and help other with a similar issue, I am locking this thread.

0 Kudos