Adept II

SCEP Certificate enrollment amd errors in event log

My specs:

MSI Mini-ITX B450I Gaming Plus AC Motherboard
APU 3200G
Flashed BIOS E7A40AMS.AG0
Update to AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.7.

Windows 11 22H2

I am also getting TPM errors in event log. 

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

flangrant99, please post screenshots of the Event Log Basic view. If these look like I expect then they are probably Microsoft problems. Make sure your W11 is current and post the patch level. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
flagrant99
Adept II

flagrant99_0-1674566255750.png

I also see many 

"The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) hardware failed to execute a TPM command." messages in the event log.

0 Likes

Thanks, flangrant99. See:

SCEP404.png

This is an HTTP error caused by a bad URL. It is suspected it is caused by a bug in MS software. Please see this thread. Make sure your W11 is current. The latest build for is 22H2 is 22621.1105. Are you at this level? I am running 22H2 on W10 and when first installed one application quit working correctly and took 5 (timed) minutes to open. A few days ago it suddenly started working. I just had a MS update. Enjoy, John.

flagrant99
Adept II

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
OS build 22621.1105

Moving on, this is a fresh install so examining errors, etc. For now I will ignore these. I can see these same error being talked about a year ago all over the internet. Strange that a bad url would not be fixed in this time. From what I can tell some say shutting off TPM makes these go away. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

flangrant99, some years ago I replied to a user of a 3990X (64 Cores/128 Threads). Only 64 threads were being used. It is yet to be resolved. The discussion moved to GitHub and I followed and continue to get e-mails about it. I, and a lot more, think this is a Microsoft bug but it is still outstanding. I will provide you with links if you like. Enjoy, John.

Siding4915
Adept II

I have the same issue! Windows 10 22H2 and OS build is: 19045.3208. Laptop is ASUS TUF A15 (2020) FA506II. This has been happening for a while now the Laptop will get SCEP certificate error and then blue screen:SCEP Certificate enrollment failedSCEP Certificate enrollment failed

What helped me is updating to the latest chip-set drivers from AMD now the PC doesn't blue screen every 30min. But still its not a solution because it still happens sometimes more sometimes less... I haven't found a solution for this yet that fixes this maybe someone can help apparently its related to AMD fTPM...

0 Likes