cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

oxandrolone91
Adept II

Scenario mode question (Dragon Center 2.0 Software)

Good day is it safe and okay to use SILENT mode on scenario while I'm just working (browsing + skype) just to lessen the load of my CPU?

When I turn on Silent mode, it brings my cpu frequency down to 2200+mhz which is originally 3600mhz. I am using Dragon Center 2.0 Software

I used to set it on Balance mode which sets it to its normal base clock, but it doesnt seem to work anymore, and it usually stays on 4300mhz for my cpu frequency.  I just set it to Extreme Performance whenever I'm gaming and streaming. 

Specs

x570 MSI Gaming Edge Wifi Board 
Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 2080 Super MSI Gaming X Trio
32GB Ram Teamgroup Nighthawk 3000mhz

0 Likes
2 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

It's fine.

Probably more useful in a laptop to save power but it won't do any harm and should keep you PC running cooler and quieter when you don't need the performance..

0 Likes

Aright thanks, Cause the balance scenario doesn't work anymore. Even if its on balanced my frequency remains at 4200-4300 which is the same on Extreme mode which brings my cpu temp at around 45-55 when not gaming and 60-65 when gaming + streaming. 

So yea i guess going silent mode when not gaming will help lessen the load/stress of my unit.

Thank you! 

0 Likes