Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Kubi
Journeyman III

Ryzon 3970X POST stops at "Ad" or "92"

Hi Community!

I have an issue in conjunction with my Mobo Aorus TRX40 Xtreme rev 1.0 and 1.1.

I had done a Bios update from F3 to F4. After rebooting it stucks at "Ad". I had done a downgrade back to F3 but the behavior is still the same. Gigabyte told me that it seems that the chipset is broken. After 2 month waiting the Mobo arrived after the repair but the behaivior is still the same. I had bought another TRX40 Xtreme Rev. 1.1 and the behavior is nearly the same. Main Bios stucks at "92" and the Backup Bios stucks at "Ad". Gigabyte told me that RAM is not an issue as this test is done when it stucks at "92" or "Ad". I had had changed the graphik cards and the slots of the graphik card but without any success. The support from Gigabyte told me that I should try to remove the CPU and reinstall the CPU again to prevent contact issues. But with no success.

Does anyone has an idea what to do or is it possible that the CPU is damaged?

BR

Kubi

0 Likes
6 Replies

Found this previous Gigabyte Forum thread where this User uploaded all the Gigabyte's Trouble Codes: https://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/715/faq-led-error-codes

Screenshot 2022-01-13 123521.png

The above code was from a Gigabyte Intel Motherboard but should be the same for the AMD Motherboards.

I would disconnect all hardware from your Motherboard except the CPU and PSU (of course) and Windows Drive and power up. I would let BIOS decide what hardware is causing your issue.

When you power up with just the CPU installed and nothing else the Motherboard's CPU Trouble LED light should go on then off and then the RAM Trouble LED should go on and stay on since no RAM is installed.

Install 1 Stick of RAM and see if the RAM LED light goes off and the VGA LED lights up. If it does then install your GPU card and Monitor and see if it boots into BIOS and goes on to boot into Windows.

I read that one User had a Corsair Keyboard with 2 USB cables connected causing Trouble code 92 on it motherboard.

0 Likes

Hi Elstaci,

I am in contact with Gigabyte and the Mobo was sent to them to repair it. But this wasnt successful.

The second Mobo has nearly the same behavior and codes. These are not error codes. It only indicates where the BIOS stuck.

Gigybyte have no clue about this behavior. I only have installed a graphic card, a PSU and 16GB RAM. All other devices are disconnected. Is it possible that the CPU is damaged?

BR

Kubi

0 Likes

You can ask AMD Support - Warranty and see what they say. Whether you should open a AMD Warranty ticket or not from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

Rev.1.0 & Rev.1.1 have different bios, you didn't mix them up ?

Two ways to update bios are Q-flash or @ bios(stand alone utility or through App center), which did you use ?

There are gigabyte motherboard forums you might want to also post on for help. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

When you turned in your motherboard to be RMAed did Gigabyte mentioned it was defective and was your replacement motherboard the same one you had before except it was repaired or a different Motherboard?

Your problem could also be a hardware that is not compatible with your Motherboard. 

0 Likes

Hi,

I know how to Flash the Bios but this have no effect as the behavior is the same. I had tried to reflash the rev 1.0 back to F3.

The rev 1.1 is a New one and I have no idea which Version the BIOS have as I never was able to run into the BIOS.

I have contacted AMD they will check the CPU.

Gigabyte told that the RAM is not the issue. The RAM test is before the BIOS is at 92 or Ad.

The repaired Mobo was the same that I had send to Gigabyte.

BR

Kubi

0 Likes