cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

frankie52
Journeyman III

Ryzen5 3400G running at 50degC when idling. Have asked AMD for help/suggestions and so far nothing suggested has worked.

Ryzen5 3400G: ASRock X570 Taichi.

With little or no activity CPU runs at 50 degrees C.

Nothing AMD support has suggested has helped reduce this temperature.

0 Likes
4 Replies
dacq
Adept III

If the processor idles at a high temperature: disable all 3 bios options for Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO). Set Windows Power Plan (not AMD's one) for "Balanced".

0 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions and sorry for the delay in my reply but your message notification got shunted into my spam folder.

I've had further suggestions from  AMD which I shall be trying but I shall also look at the three BIOS settings and Windows setting you have suggested to see what effect they have.

0 Likes
vulpine05
Adept II

What have they suggested that hasn't worked?  A few things to check that they may or may not have mentioned:

-Check fan profile in bios.  Try having the fan run at a faster speed than it currently is.

-Also check in bios where the cpu fan references temperature.  It may be set to check the motherboard temperature, which will typically not be as high as the CPU temperature.

-How cool is the room that you have the computer in?  If its summer and there is no air conditioning, I can understand the higher idle temperature.

-What kind of case and fans do you have the APU installed in?

Just curious, how well does the CPU handle temperature under load?

0 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions and sorry for the delay in my reply but your message got shunted into my spam folder.

I've had further suggestions from AMD which I will be trying later.

I'm using a Lian Li PC-A70F case with three front inlet fans and two exhaust and as I write this the case internal temperature is 32 deg. C

I've stressed the system using AIDA64 and the temperature has gone above 80 and I know this isn't too high but the idling temperature still concerns me.

0 Likes