Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

m1shca
Journeyman III

Ryzen serial numbers

Hello.

Bought Ryzen 7 1700x and find out miscompare in serial numbers. Box has YD170XBCAEWOF, when microprocessor has YD170XBCM88AE (which is OEM, non box version) That is normal?

0 Likes
8 Replies
mistered
Adept III

Re: Ryzen serial numbers

Yes that is normal.YD170XBCM88AE is the part number for all 1700Xs. YD170XBCAEWOF is the part number AMD uses when it packages it in a retail box without a fan and heatsink. If you buy it unboxed (aka OEM) it will be referred to YD170XBCM88AE the part number printed on the CPU itself.

I believe the number below the CPU part number is the actual unique 13-digit serial number. In my case the serial number starts with 9R6389...

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Zen/AMD-Ryzen%207%201700X.html

rebelyell
Exemplar

( WOF) at the end of the first serial number shows ..... W ith O ut F an .....

0 Likes
gupsterg
Adept III

Yes the 9R6xxxxxxxxxx are serial, what serial is on the CPU matches my box label.

http://imgur.com/bwpKVrr

SKU: YD1700BBM88AE

BATCH: UA 1706PGT

SERIAL: 9R6xxxxxxxxxx

The numbers of batch are production year and week.

0 Likes
signal11
Journeyman III

Hi gupsterg​,

I am not sure if the thread is still active but I looked at your picture: it seems like you bought the processor in a box. However the part number on the CPU showed it's a tray. I noticed because I have a the same situation.

I have a question for you: does the SN number on the processor and on the CPU matched?

Regards

0 Likes
mistered
Adept III

General Info for Ryzen 7 1700X

Part Number for boxed CPU w/o cooler: YD170XBCAEWOF

Part Number for tray CPU: YD170XBCM88AE

Serial Number: 9R6xxxxxxxxxx

On my Box:

Part Number: YD170XBCAEWOF

On my CPU:

Part Number: YD170XBCM88AE

Note the same part number, YD170XBCM88AE, is printed on every Ryzen 1700X. It does not matter whether it is packaged for retail or sold in bulk (tray).

The part number YD170XBCAEWOF just indicates that the CPU has been boxed for retail sale. It only appears on a label affixed to the retail box.

Also note the same serial number is printed on the CPU and on the box label. Every Ryzen 1700X has a unique serial number.

NoahTony123
Journeyman III

Hello! 

I hope this is still active. Maybe I have the worst scenario. I purchased online. I am actually not picky. But the one I bought was the seal was broken. The part number and serial number on my box and processor (cpu) does not match. I can QR code the box. But no date of until when is the warranty or when it was bought. I can't QR code my processor. Maybe it is too small or maybe FAKE (hope not). Also I can not look up my serial number to check if it is authentic or not. Or if it is brand new or used.

0 Likes
NoahTony123
Journeyman III

Hello! 

I hope this is still active. Maybe I have the worst scenario. I purchased online. I am actually not picky. But the one I bought was the seal was broken. The part number and serial number on my box and processor (cpu) does not match. I can QR code the box. But no date of until when is the warranty or when it was bought. I can't QR code my processor. Maybe it is too small or maybe FAKE (hope not). Also I can not look up my serial number to check if it is authentic or not. Or if it is brand new or used.

0 Likes
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would suggest you contact your point of purchase regarding your concerns.

0 Likes