cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

enginden
Adept I

ryzen pro 4750g onboard audio problem

i have ryzen pro 4750g apu and asus tuf gaming b550-plus and b550m-plus 2 different moherboards. latest bios version loaded.

if i use 4750g apu, realtek onboard audio doesn't work on both of motherboards. only works hdmi audio.

if i use different ryzen cpu, onboard audio is working.

What's the solution? 

0 Likes
5 Replies

Have you checked Windows Sound Control Panel to see if your Motherboard Realtek HD Audio is the main default device or AMD HD Audio?

Does the Realtek Audio show up as being enabled but not the default device?

It seems like Motherboard's HDMI/DP Output is controlled by the AMD Audio driver while the Realtek controls the Audio outputs of the motherboard.

What does Windows Sound panel show as the default Audio Device? AMD or Realtek Audio?

What happens if your make the Realtek Audio the Default Audio Device? Does the Motherboard audio start working now and does the HDMI AMD Audio is not disabled?

NOTE: can you possibly post an image of your Windows Sound Panel when HDMI is working only? Make sure you click on "Disabled" and  "Disconnected" to show all audio devices.

This is how mine looks like:

Screenshot 2021-03-24 172051.png

As far as I am aware whatever is default Audio device in Sound Panel is the only audio that will be enabled.

As you noticed my BT Headphones is the "Default Audio Device" and every othe Audio device is disabled from working even though the drivers are still enabled.

I have three different Audio drivers in my computer:

1-Nvidia HD Audio for my GPU card

2-Realtek HD Audio for my Motherboard

3-MS Audio for my BT Headphones.

As soon as I discoonect my headphones, my Nvidia HD Audio for my  Audio Receiver (GPU Card) automatically becomes the "Default Audio Device" thus now I have audio coming out from my Receiver's speakers.

0 Likes

asd2.png

my computer's audio panel.

windows can't find Realtek HD Audio. if i try load manually realtek drivers, windows can't finish proccess. 

asus tuf gaming b550-plus have latest bios and enabled all onboard digital audio and front panel IO.

Do you have the latest Non-BETA BIOS Version installed - 2006?

I would download and install the latest Asus CHIPSET and Audio Drivers (Realtek) and VGA Driver.

Make sure you use DDU with the internet disconnected and deleting AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD before installing the AMD driver package from Asus.

Your Windows Sound Panel doesn't show anything connected to your Motherboard's Video Output (No Audio device connected).

Does Device Manager show any errors or Yellow Exclamation marks?

Try uninstalling the Realtek Audio driver from Windows Uninstall Panel and then try installing the Realtek drivers again.

if still the same issue I would open a AMD Service Request (Official AMD Support) from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

As far as I am aware, AMD Driver should in no way affect or disable the Realtek Motherboard drivers.

If you uninstall the AMD driver does your Realtek Motherboard Audio start working?  That would eliminate the AMD Driver as the reason for your motherboard Realtek Audio not working.

0 Likes

yes i have latest bios 2006

i can't install realtek driver because while installing realtek drivers, sysytem locked and i pressed reset button.

optical out (red light) don't work at the back panel.

My windows sound panel doesn't show anything connected because my monitor has no speaker.

i have only stereo headphone with mic green and pink jacks.

i tried everything (uninstall/reinstall drivers, clean windows installation etc)

is it possible cpu based malfunction or incompatibility?

i have HyperX Fury 16GB 2x8 3200 MHz HX432C16FB3K2/16 ram.

this is my device manager

asd33.png

0 Likes

Try connecting some other type of Audio device instead of your Headphones. Could be your headphones in not compatible and not being seen by Windows.

Can you borrow some PC speakers from a friend or family? 

Or try connecting your TV set if it has a HDMI or DP Port on it and see if Audio works.

Here is Asus QVL List for RAM Memory for the 4000 Series APU: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/TUF-GAMING-B550-PLUS/HelpDesk_Q...

These are the only Hyper-X RAM Memory with your part number that are listed as being compatible:

Went to Kingston RAM MEMORY Compatible upgrades and your RAM is also not listed: https://www.kingston.com/unitedstates/us/memory/search?model=101288&devicetype=7&mfr=ASU&line=TUF&to...

Try using only one RAM stick and see if you are able to install the Realtek Drivers.

EDIT: Most likely the RAM you have installed is compatible since the PC boots up into Windows and you don't have any BSODs or crashes.

Except maybe the part where the computer freezes while installing the Audio drivers.

My personal opinion it is your Headphone set that is not being seen by Windows as being connected. Possibly it is incompatible that is why I suggest you plug in PC Speakers to see if you get Audio from the Motherboard to eliminate the Headphones as the problem.

Also could be the Realtek Drivers are missing or corrupt since you couldn't install it thus your Headphones are not being detected.

0 Likes