Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hiro359
Journeyman III

Ryzen Pro 4650G reboot / crash

Hello,

I just built a new system with a ryzen pro 4650G. Every part is brand new , after I install graphics drivers, PC starts to reboot randomly. CPU benchmarks work without a problem like cinebench , but even with the lightest GPU load , computer crashes. It seem to be random because it is rebooting even while idle, but I can make it crash with heaven benchmark, instant reboot. 

Temperatures are perfectly fine, 40 degrees mostly. I am using XMP profile provided.

System : 

MB : MSI B550M Mortar

Ram : Corsair 2x8GB 3600MHz

Storage : Kinsgton A2000

Every part is in motherboards QVL , I tried different versions of windows , newest and older graphics drivers. Sometimes PC can't reboot , green/gray or rainbow colors appear on screen and i have to manually reset the pc. 

I feel a bit hopeless because every part is new and I cannot find the cause. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hlfvsky
Journeyman III

Hi!

I've got the same problem with:

- MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II 

- AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 4650g 

- Patriot Viper Blackout 16GB [2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM]

- Crucial 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe P2

- Corsair CV 550W 80 Plus Bronze 

- SilentiumPC Spartan 4 Max 120mm 

- SilentiumPC Regnum RG6V EVO TG

PC reboots randomly when playing some games (not all), watching yt, running 3dmark tests, heaven benchmark. 

It's really annoying and I don't know what I can do with this problem. 

0 Likes

i have the same problam

Gigabyte A520 s2h 

ADATA D30 3200mhz 8x2

ADATA SSD 128GB

1TB HDD 

GIGABYTE 450W 80 Plus Bronze 

PC reboting when watch youtube or vidio  

0 Likes

I was going to mention to see if the OP needed to RMA the processor but wasn't sure if that Pro 4600G comes in a Official sealed Retail Box or not since at CPU World it is considered to be a OEM processor thus the AMD Warranty is voided unless it comes in a AMD Retail box.

But since 3 Users two with MSI and with a Gigabyte Motherboard all are having similar issues sounds like a it might be either a BIOS updates needed or possibly a BIOS Setting or hardware issue.

If it is a BIOS issue than AMD will need to try and reproduce the problem to see what is needed in BIOS to correct the problem. Best way to let AMD know is by opening a AMD Support ticket from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

I would do a CLEAR CMOS to reset the BIOS back to factory defaults unless you update the BIOS to the latest version then it will be in its default state automatically.

I would also install the latest AMD CHIPSETs and make sure that Windows is fully updated including the Optional updates.

Here is the latest AMD Driver for your APUs (04/05/2022) : https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-pro-processors/amd-ryzen-5-pro-4000-series-desktop-proc...

0 Likes