cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dave17
Adept I

ryzen master unable to initialize kindly reinstall the program hence aborting

I did try clearing cmos, reinstalling chipset driver(latest from amd and I did try the one provided by my mobo) and ryzen maste. I have also tried to delete and edit some things in regedit. I dont know what else to do.

14 Replies

Try using Microsoft Install/Uninstall App to remove the current Ryzen Master or to install Ryzen Master if Ryzen Master has been removed already from: Microsoft Install/Uninstall Tool 

0 Likes

did not work

0 Likes

Okay it is time for you to post your Computer setup including Make & Model of CPU, GPU, Motherboard and Windows version installed.

by any chance do you have Hyper-V enabled?

0 Likes

I tried:

• reinstalling ryzen master

• reinstalling ryzen master and chipset driver

• using chipset driver from amd site

• using chipset driver from asrock site

• deleting Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriverV13

• deleting Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19

• deleting both

• not deleting both but editing the imagepath from \??\C:\Windows\system32\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys to C:\Windows\system32\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys and/or \??\C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMD Ryzen Master.exe to C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMD Ryzen Master.exe

• resetting cmos

• maybe more but i forgot

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: RX 5700 8gb

CPU: RYZEN 7 2700 oc to 3900mhz 1.3125 volage

Motherboard: Asrock b450 steel legend

BIOS Version: 4.30

RAM: 16gb HyperX 2933mhz

PSU: not sure

Case: thermaltake

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 11 PRO 22610.1

GPU Drivers: Amd 22.5.2

Chipset Drivers: AMD B450 CHIPSET DRIVERS VERSION 3.10.22.706 also tried 4.03.03.431

Background Applications: DISCORD, CHROME, AMD SOFTWARE, NGEUNITY, Altserver, eset, wallpaper engine, asrgbled, blitz, steam, icload, steelseries gg, razer synapse

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).jpgezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

Also good to know:

• i have svm turned off

• i have hyper-V off

• i have virtual machine platform off

• i had docker installed, but it is not installed anymore

I have also tried revo uninstalling it 

I don't see any Windows 11 for Ryzen Master for your processor from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-7-2...

Just Windows 10 version.

I have a Ryzen 7 3700X and on my AMD Download page it shows both Windows 10 & 11 Ryzen Masters.

According to Ryzen Master's Release notes: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-master-2-9-0-2093

Minimum System Configuration

• 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors on an AMD X570 motherboard. 
  • Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or newer).
  • This version can be installed on top of an existing version of Ryzen™ Master, but it is recommended that you uninstall the previous version before installing 2.9.0.2093.

Now when it mentions newer does it include Windows 11 or just newer versions  of Windows 10.

You have a 400 Series Motherboard which according to the above Minimum System Configuration is not compatible with Ryzen Master. But that might be a misprint.

I suggest you open a AMD SUPPORT Ticket and  ask them if your Ryzen Master for your processor is compatible with Windows 11 or not from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

NOTE: You seemed to have done just about all the troubleshooting to get Ryzen Master to work. The only thing that comes to mind is that your version of Ryzen Master may not be compatible with Windows 11 since there are no Windows 11 version for your processor or your motherboard.

Please post back what AMD Support says.

0 Likes

i have messaged them just now with this text:

I tried: reinstalling ryzen master reinstalling ryzen master and chipset driver using chipset driver from amd site using chipset driver from asrock site deleting Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriverV13 deleting Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AMDRyzenMasterDriverV19 deleting both not deleting both but editing the imagepath from \??\C:\Windows\system32\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys to C:\Windows\system32\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys and/or \??\C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMD Ryzen Master.exe to C:\Program Files\AMD\RyzenMaster\bin\AMD Ryzen Master.exe resetting cmos maybe more but i forgot Computer Type: Desktop GPU: RX 5700 8gb CPU: RYZEN 7 2700 oc to 3900mhz 1.3125 volage Motherboard: Asrock b450 steel legend BIOS Version: 4.30 RAM: 16gb HyperX 2933mhz PSU: not sure Case: thermaltake Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 11 PRO 22610.1 GPU Drivers: Amd 22.5.2 Chipset Drivers: AMD B450 CHIPSET DRIVERS VERSION 3.10.22.706 also tried 4.03.03.431 Background Applications: DISCORD, CHROME, AMD SOFTWARE, NGEUNITY, Altserver, eset, wallpaper engine, asrgbled, blitz, steam, icload, steelseries gg, razer synapse Also good to know: i have svm turned off i have hyper-V off i have virtual machine platform off i had docker installed, but it is not installed anymore one thing i noticed is: I don't see any Windows 11 for Ryzen Master for my processor from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-7-2... According to Ryzen Master's Release notes: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-master-2-9-0-2093 Minimum System Configuration 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors on an AMD X570 motherboard. Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or newer). This version can be installed on top of an existing version of Ryzen™ Master, but it is recommended that you uninstall the previous version before installing 2.9.0.2093. Now when it mentions newer does it include Windows 11 or just newer versions of Windows 10. I have a 400 Series Motherboard which according to the above Minimum System Configuration is not compatible with Ryzen Master. I seemed to have done just about all the troubleshooting to get Ryzen Master to work. The only thing that comes to mind is that my version of Ryzen Master may not be compatible with Windows 11 since there are no Windows 11 version for my processor or my motherboard. Now i don't know if this problem fits in th processor category or in the chipset category, but I hope you can help me out.

i know this formatting is bad and you feel like not reading it :), but i included everything i said, did and what you said. thank you. now i am waiting.

After all I clean installed the windows again and it worked. Thank you again.

henzo8843
Adept I

can i ask with this ? im also experiencing the same problem, i already did all the solution here except from clean install of windows.

0 Likes
dave17
Adept I

I experience again the same thing. I reinstalled the windows again but it persists. I don't know what to do anymore. I really need ryzen master because it lets me disable SMT because SMT kills performance on league of legends, being the only game i play rarely and it'a annoying.  

0 Likes

Another User at AMD Forums contacted AMD Support and AMD Support replied saying that Ryzen Master is not compatible with Windows 11 up to now.

Ryzen Master is compatible with Windows 11 if you upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10 without doing a Clean install.

I did this and Ryzen Master is working normally in Windows11 after doing a In-place upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.

Seems like Ryzen Master Installer which is not compatible with Windows 11.

0 Likes
srdjan1234
Journeyman III

So this happened to me and I googled it and got here, but for me what resolved the issue is that I was on preview build of windows 11 so I cleaned install the regular version and it worked fine. So my suggestion is if you are running preview builds to opt out of it or clean install the regular one.

0 Likes

I accidently opt in with insider previews and then my ryzen master started failing, this can be the problem, I am reinstalling the windows.

I'll update if it works

0 Likes