Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

drealar
Adept I

Ryzen Master prohibited for Lenovo running Ryzen 5 PRO 3400GE

Hi all,

As far I know, Ryzen Master works with Ryzen Desktops but not Ryzen Mobile.

I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre M75q-1 Tiny with AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 3400GE.

The moment I tried to install Ryzen Master, I was greeted with below error message:

"RYZEN MASTER INSTALLATION is prohibited from installation on this system"

Reason to install: I live in a warm weather region, so I would like to undervolt the APU to hopefully improve the temps.

I search the forum but so far their problems are with installing on off the shelve mobo or Ryzen Master says newer version has already been installed.

Is it due to vendor specific restriction (Lenovo, Dell, Acer, etc.) or due to the 'PRO' series which I read has a tighter memory related security feature?

Also, does anyone know of a workaround to get Ryzen Master running in this system?

Thank you in advance.

6 Replies

It would have to be something Lenovo has done in their firmware. Many oems don't allow straying from defaults. This is why it is best to build your own if you wan't to tinker. If you have not checked maybe you can make some change in the bios, but not likely. Worth checking though. 

Ask Lenovo Support about this to confirm. 

I should add by the way that undervolting your apu would void your warranty and it is not a good idea for the longevity of the chip either. Get a better cooler. A Cooler Master 212 Evo is about 35 bucks and would do the job nicely. 

Obviously if this is small form factor pc it may not fit a better cooler. 

Thank you pokester.

I didn't realize that since I always undervolt my Intel laptop.

Yup, any of those kinda upgrade is out of the question.

This is basically very similar to a laptop setup but just a bit bigger (SO-DIMM RAM, blower style cooler like founder's edition GPUs, 1x 2.5" drive max, etc).

Bought it due to it's size(1.1L), the very low $470 promotional price and still able to play my StarCraft2 at high setting

0 Likes

Try running MS Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter and see if it will install Ryzen Master on your computer.

I have attached it to this post.

EDIT: In case you need to reinstall your PC drivers from Lenovo here is the download page: desktops and all in ones :: thinkcentre m series desktops :: m75q 1contentdetail - US 

EDIT: I noticed that at AMD Download page there are no drivers for the Ryzen 5 Pro 3400GE Processor: https://www.amd.com/en/support 

I would follow Pokester suggestion and open two Support tickets, One with Lenovo and the other with AMD SUPPORT from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Yup, that is the common suggestion I found from Google which does not do much but it is expected.

Actually, I already reinstall Lenovo's driver after trying the recommended driver using Radeon Software.

Somehow the software still recommend a driver even when the APU is not even listed on their download page.

An advice to others like me with the same system is that current AMD driver will cause some issue with Youtube playback, so just stick with Lenovo's official driver.

OK, I'll follow the suggestion and register two support tickets.

Even if there's nothing that can be done, at least I can get official confirmation and just settle with it

Thanks!

This is typical of Lenovo, in fact, I would be surprised if they left any adjustment possibility open. Anyways, HP is the same way, but I was eventually able to get it to install. I can only get you pointed in the right direction because it has been a while. Without me personally going through the process again, I can't provide a step by step, sorry. I will say, it is not that difficult, especially if you already know a few key things, which I will try to remember and tell you. First of all you will need to install InstED, it will let you edit .msi files. When you try to install Ryzen master and the prohibition message pops up, Leave it open and locate the folder "RyzenMasterExtract" there you will find the actual .msi files.  When the ryzen master install closes it will delete the extracted folder, so i would just make a copy while the installer is open. Unfortunately, i don't remember the exact msi file to edit(there is a least two, i think its the one in the root.) When you do eventually get to opening the proper msi file you will only need to worry about a few things.  In the InstED program(with the proper msi loaded) you will see a tab labeled "tables" and in that tab there will be a list, in that list click on "LaunchCondition" when you do there will be a few entries listed in the frame to the right and at least one should include the prohibited install message. To make it easier you can just right click on each entry and select "delete row, just remove them all and then save the msi to a new location.  One more thing, you may run into, i think its error 1720 in which case you will need to edit the registry:

go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Wow6432Node\AMD\AMD_Chipset_IODrivers]

add a key "DeployedFeatures" and  leave the value blank, if the key already exist, modify it so it is blank but do not delete the key.

I know its not the best "tutorial" but hopefully the info will help.

0 Likes