Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

philyb
Journeyman III

Ryzen master not showing EDC reading?

Ryzen master not showing EDC reading?

Is this an issue? It would be nice to see a reading, to have a sense of what's happening. See the image. Am I the only one having this issue?

ghfhgf.JPG

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

philyb, why the cutoff image?  Please post the whole image.  My 2990WX does the same but I am not running that machine right now - sitting in the corner being punished.  I suspect it is simply because you are not pulling enough current from the CPU VRM.  Notice TDC is same.  With a full screenshot and specifications on your system I may be able to suspect further.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
philyb
Journeyman III

The only thing I'm trying to illustrate with that image is the two flat lines under EDC. They don't change or give any reading.

Ill attach a new Image, Hopefully, it makes more sense...Just want to see the EDC reading

Strix- ROG X399e

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit

Evo 970

Seasonic 1300 Gold prime

Quadro 600fhgfhf.JPG

0 Likes

philyb, you may have found a problem with Ryzen Master (RM), but why is your CPU voltage so low?  Mine runs well over 1.0 volts maybe 1.3 or so.  Your CPU clock seems low also.  Maybe that is why you are not pulling lots of current.  Your temperature is fairly high, what is you cooler?  The maximum for your processor is 68C as reported by RM.  All other temperature reporting SW is suspect.  I do not OC, so may not see EDC exceed the minimum to show.  Please open an AMD Online Support Request and ask about the EDC reading.  You might also lift you CPU voltage a little (1.1 to 1.2), but watch your temperature.  Please keep us informed.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
philyb
Journeyman III

PS,

I would love to see an explanation of how each variable impacts the response/overclock...PPT TDC EDC.

I have been searching for one but haven't seen anything great.

0 Likes