cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

billybob1
Journeyman III

Ryzen Master (Not Responding)

I installed Ryzen Master, and it worked for a few uses, but then I upgraded my BIOS to the latest version. 

Since the BIOS update, it hasn't worked, and crashes on startup. It starts, with a blurred out small window, and then windows shows it's not responding.  After about 10 seconds, it just closes with no error, nothing, and disappears.

I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. All installs have been with the current version - 2.0.2.1271

System specs: 

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon (BIOS version 7B78v2D)

2700X

Patriot Viper 4000 MHz CL19

Sapphire RX580

Any idea how to get Ryzen Master working?

0 Likes
6 Replies

You can try and downgrade your BIOS to the previous BIOS version and see if it works correctly. If it does, that indicates something in the new BIOS version is not compatible with Ryzen Master.  Which means that AMD needs to update Ryzen Master to work with the new latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Here is previous AMD Thread concerning the same issue with Ryzen Master: https://community.amd.com/message/2913950?q=ryzen%20master 

If by installing a previous BIOS works, I suggest you open a AMD SERVICE REQUEST from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form to let them be aware that they need to update Ryzen Master to work with the latest BIOS version, at least for MSI Bios version.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

billybob1, please tell us what version of W10 you are running, install the latest chip set drivers from here and remove any other OC or measurement applications from your system.  Please look in "C:\Windows\minidump".  If there are any files, compress the folder and attach it to your reply.  If you can get a screenshot of RM, please post it.  I doubt the problem pointed to above is the same as yours.  Do open  an AMD Online Support Ticket.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Kinda hard to get a Ryzen Master screen shot when it doesn't even open up. Plus the OP mentioned it happened right after updating the BIOS. Also no mini dump will be generated since his computer didn't BSOD.

0 Likes

check for an updated Ryzen Master or wait for a new version to surface

more BIOS updates are likely over the next 3-6 months

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

billybob1, AMD released a new version (2.1.0.1424) of RM today - probably to support the new processors to be shipped today.  I DLed and installed it.  The installer ran for a minute or two, then my system restarted with no request or even warning.  I suspect a crash.  RM seems to work OK except 'Check for updates fails', but it always has on my 2990WX.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I have been monitoring this discussion and appreciate all of the helpful suggestions provided.

I would also like to suggest a potential fix to the OPs issue which is to do a clean install of Ryzen Master using the Microsoft application troubleshooter. Once uninstalled, please install the latest version of Ryzen Master Tool (currently 2.1.0.1424) and see if that resolves your issue. You can download Ryzen Master Tool here.

As a friendly reminder, AMD provides this site for our users to help each other and all polite opinions are welcome.

You are free to disagree with others however, always be respectful and courteous to other members, adhering to the forum code of conduct, which can be reviewed here.