cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

noxenvon
Adept I

Ryzen Master EDC at 100%?

I've recently made a new build with a 2700x, it's not overclocked, everything (CPU, GPU, RAM) is running at stock speeds. My question is; why does Ryzen Master software show the EDC, whatever that is, at 99-100% at idle? What is EDC, is it dangerously high for my system, can I change it? I've tried google searched on this topic but there's little to no -entry level- explainations. Threads and reddit posts have gone into such extreme details referring to VRM's and other techno jumble I don't quite understand just yet. I'm very new to the enthusiast PC scene, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

This issue can be resolved by using the Windows Balanced Power Profile and the latest version of Ryzen Master Tool which you can download here: AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility for Overclocking Control | AMD

From Redstone 3, the Windows Balanced Power Profile now contains the changes that made the Ryzen Balanced Power Profile Unique, but with the added benefit that the processor can now lower voltage and frequency when idle.

View solution in original post

38 Replies