cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

heydon2015
Adept II

Ryzen Master cutting cores in half on Ryzen 9 3900X to 6 cores 12 threads

I am trying to enable Precision Boost overdrive in Ryzen master, and it will restart the machine. in order for the changes to take effect, however, it will reduce my cpu cores in half to 6 cores and 12 threads .  Is Ryzen Master meant to do this ?6 cores 12 threads.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

If game mode is not enabled in Ryzen Master than physically check the Processor if you believe it may have been damaged during shipping.

In fact reset Ryzen Master back to default and restart the computer and see if all cores are enabled again.

It shouldn't have any bent or broken pins on it. If it doesn't then most likely the processor is fine unless it came defective from the factory.

Also go into BIOS and make sure that all cores are enabled. Some BIOS settings can disable Processor's cores manually.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I believe if you have Game Mode enabled in Ryzen Master it will automatically disable half the Processor's cores.

Also you need to go by Ryzen Master rather then CPU-Z in this case.

i do go by Ryzen master, and Ryzen master puts an entire chipset to sleep, and not CPuZ shows 6 cores but every app, from Cinebench to task manager, and considering the CPU box was damaged last week on delivery causes me concern

If game mode is not enabled in Ryzen Master than physically check the Processor if you believe it may have been damaged during shipping.

In fact reset Ryzen Master back to default and restart the computer and see if all cores are enabled again.

It shouldn't have any bent or broken pins on it. If it doesn't then most likely the processor is fine unless it came defective from the factory.

Also go into BIOS and make sure that all cores are enabled. Some BIOS settings can disable Processor's cores manually.

Hello thankyou for your reply, I have a Tomahawk X570 motherboard and have upgraded to the latest bios, but some features have disappeared such as cool and quiet etc .

Also am not sure how i check in the bios that all cores are working , sorry