cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

joumxyzptlk
Adept II

Ryzen Master at least MONITOR with hyper-v active

I don't mind that Ryzen Master would refuse to do any tuning setting. But can't it at least start and monitor?

Other tools report my CPU would be going above 100°C and I want an OFFICIAL tool to tell me what is going on.

Don't tell me "turn off SVM" and "turn off Hyper-V", that does not work - Ryzen Master still thinks it would be turned on! Probably due to Windows defender. I also tried those various other suggestions available in those Forums and none worked.

Like I wrote: I don't want the overclocking stuff, I want the monitoring stuff. So let the program start and show the information instead of completely refuse to start.

Apart from that: You should fix this anyway, those CPUs are MADE to run virtualization and I indeed use it.

3 Replies

Ryzen Master own guide mentions that it won't work with Hyper-V installed.

@elstaci You didn't read my post, hm? Just stating the obvious and citing a manual is not a solution. This feature request of mine DOES make sense. And for monitoring it should be possible. AMD just don't want to move their a* to do it, or they should give us an in-deth technical explanation why they can't. Just like Microsoft not moving their a* to enable nested virtualization for Ryzen / Threadripper even though those CPUs can do it.

I read your Post. You want Ryzen Master to work with Hyper-V. It is not possible at the moment. There is a huge AMD Thread about Ryzen Master and Hyper-V being incompatible. AMD Support is well aware that Ryzen Master doesn't work with Hyper-V enabled.

According to the thread I mention, Ryzen Master version 12.x.xx does work with Hyper-V enabled but Ryzen Master versions 13.X.XX and above do not. Here is the thread if your are interested or not: https://community.amd.com/message/2859010?q=Ryzen%20Master 

If you open an AMD Service Request (Online Service Request | AMD ) maybe they might give you an update about Ryzen Master and Hyper-V otherwise they will just repeat what I mentioned in my previous comment.

I am not saying your Feature Request is not making sense. I am just saying, at the moment, AMD hasn't yet solved the problem with Ryzen Master and Hyper-V or VBS being enabled.

This is User to User Forum, to get AMD attention you need to open a Online Service Request (link above) and let them know.

Otherwise you are talking to a wall here.

Note: I have seen mentioned that latest versions of HWMonitor or OpenHW are fairly accurate in monitoring Ryzen Temperatures. The link to the AMD Thread mentions which Non-Ryzen Master program other Professional Users use to monitor Ryzen Processors.

0 Likes