Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fmarcoux96
Journeyman III

Ryzen Master and Virtualization cause BSOD

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is the right place but I have a problem with my Ryzen 5 and virtualization.

I have this PC:

- MSI B450 Gaming Plus (ATX, last BIOS, no OC)

- AMD Ryzen 5 2600X with stock cooler

- 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000

- Windows 10 Pro x64

When I enable SVM (AMD Virtualization), the system boot and Blue Screen after like 2-3min even sometimes before that. The error says:

Stop Code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
What failed: AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys

I had installed Ryzen Master at the beginning but when it was useless for me I uninstalled it. Virtualization was not enabled before I uninstalled the software. Now, this error occurs every time virtualization is on.

I tried reinstalling Ryzen Master, didn't fix it. I tried disabling HPET as this AMD Ryzen Master Blue Screen suggested, didn't work either.

I don't need RyzenMaster but I can live with it installed, I just want virtualization! Now, this is getting me crazy because I need VMware to work. I really don't want to reinstall Windows again.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Likes
16 Replies
fmarcoux96
Journeyman III

Hi billy72,

I tried both the options, DISM Cleanup and AMD Cleanup tool. Then reinstalling chipsets and graphics from AMD directly.

It still crashes when virtualization is enabled. Same error code.

Note that the AMD Cleanup Tool doesn't uninstall Ryzen Master.

0 Likes

fmarcoux96, where did you get your W10 installation?  Is a fresh install not a left over or clone?  I have never seen your symptoms before and suspect an install problem.  In general, I recommend not using clean up tools and driver removers but doing a fresh install.  Media Creation Tool is still delivering 1803 and I strongly recommend that you DL it and do a fresh install, then install AMD drivers and RM and go again.  In the meantime, please tell us what version and architecture of W10 you are using and more about you HW, including power supply and all specifications plus UEFI version.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi!

I made a clean install as this is a brand new custom PC build. I had to purchase a license and everything.

Here's the step that I did:

1. Install Windows 10

2. After Windows installed MSFT drivers, I then installed AMD Chipset and my Network+Audio drivers

3. Installed the Radeon software for my RX570

4. Installed MSI Gaming App + Command Center (gaming app is for monitoring, command center is for overclock/fan control)

5. Installed Ryzen Master then uninstalled it because it is useless to me.

6. Enabled virtualization and boom, BSOD.

I really don't want to clean install because I already have installed my softwares. But if I do, I don't want to install Ryzen Master at all this time around.

Here's more info about my PC:

- Power Supply: EVGA Supernova G3 550W

- UEFI: V1.20 MSI BIOS

- MB: MSI B450 Gaming Plus (ATX form)

- Ryzen 5 2600X stock clock

- 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 (2x8GB)

See this link​ if you need screenshot of my BIOS settings.

0 Likes

Thanks, fmarcoux96.  Your power supply is too small.  I cannot say absolutely that is the problem, but it is certainly asking for problems.  I had an 1800X requiring less power and used an 850 Watt supply.  What version of W10 are you running (winver in command prompt) - I'm running 1803.17134.345.  Update level 376 is the latest.  If you got 1809 in the small window, then I strongly urge you to install 1803.  MS abandoned 1809, at least for now.  Fresh installs are good and should not be feared.  As an experiment, please turn off the XMP and remove one stick of memory.  What is your video card?  What is preventing you right now from running a VM (what VMware)?  If you are emulating Windows, you could consider running Hyper-V.  I have run both and far and away prefer Hyper-V.  Is SVM enabled or does your system crash each time you enable it?  Please DL and run Thaiphoon Burner, free version.  It will list available memory settings.  It is normal for memory to default to SPD speed.  My 3200 MHz sticks run at 2400 MHz unless I set the XMP to 3200.  Less speed means less power needed.  Please compress and attach your minidump folder.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi!

My power supply is exactly what I need. My current Windows 10 is 1803, 17134.376, downloaded friday using Media Creation Tool. I knew about 1809 for a while already.

My graphics card is a Radeon RX570 4GB from Gigabyte. I already tried disabling XMP on the RAM as well as resetting the BIOS to factory default before enabling SVM.

FYI, Hyper-V does not work if virtualization isn't enabled. I tried. Says: "Hypervisor can't be installed because virtualization is disabled.". And I can't run VMware because SVM can't be enabled.

Each time I enabled SVM, my system boot then BSOD few minutes after. Whatever I am doing on the PC at the moment.

For the minidump of Thaiphoon Burner, do I need to turn off my current XMP profile before doing it?

0 Likes

I just did a clean install with SVM enabled during the install. Right now it is very stable. I am now installing the chipset and Radeon drivers one by one.

Yes I did a CMOS clear. (I am a programmer so I know already a lot about PCs, just not these kind of things.)

0 Likes

I know It's been a long a time but.. did you manage how to solve it? Do I have to reinstall Windows with SVM enabled?

0 Likes

Did you have to clean install or did a windows reset also help?

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

fmarcoux96, Ryzen Master is not able to run when SVM (Virtualization is Enabled.)   I Have never had any problems running both, just only one at a time and never had a BSOD.  Make sure you have the latest RM and AMD Chip Set drivers, DLed from here.  Always get your AMD drivers from AMD.  Please let us hear.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi,

I clearly know that Ryzen Master does not work with SVM. However, even after uninstalling it I can't enable SVM without BSOD.

I have the last Processor and Chipset drivers.

0 Likes

I have SVM enabled, and Ryzen Master works perfectly.

0 Likes
samet
Adept I

In some antivirus softwares, there is virtualisation fonctionnality. disable it and it should work. I searched for hours searching to fix it, I had SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bsod, checked everything in bios, did a lot of tricks. I uninstalled Avast and it worked, but you can also disable virtualisation in avast. Also disable completely HYPER-V fonctionnality by going to Add Remove Programs the Add Remove Windows Functionnalities.

Thank you so much for that information.
Less than a week ago I had upgraded my computer to Ryzen 5 3600 and was having this problem.
I work continuously with virtual machines and was desperate.
Deactivating Avast virtualization has worked perfectly for me

Thank you samet!
I've been searching for this solution..
I have AVG and disabling its hardware-assisted virtualization helped me !
Thanks again 

0 Likes
jamieblakey
Journeyman III

I have this issue. 2022 and no fix?

0 Likes

jamieblakey, what does 2022 mean? Ryzen Master (RM) will not run with SVM enabled, so disable SVM and see if you can boot. Please open an  AMD Support Request and give them details of your error and system. Sounds like a RM bug to me. If you continue to have problems, please post more details of your system. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes