cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Ryzen Master / 5800X - No Cores or Clock Speed

I had just purchased and installed a 5800x in my system. I had previously been running a 3900XT and didn't have these issues.

In Ryzen Master, I cannot apply any settings because it tells me:

"Invalid count for core disabled. Number of active cores should be more than 1. Select valid values and apply again"

rm3.png

I then noticed, it indeed shows no cores (0/0) under About:

rm.png

And, under "Core Section" there is no longer anything listed:

rm2.png

And Finally, the "Peak Speed" remains at 0MHz at all times:

rm4.png

At first, I thought maybe it was something funky going on because I changed chips without changing software or anything. I tried uninstalling Ryzen Master, downloading it again from AMD and reinstalling. No Change. I then downloaded the chipset drivers again and reinstalled. No Change. I updated my BIOS to the newest offering from ASUS, reset my CMOS and again, no change. I then thought maybe it's due to Windows being installed with my old CPU, so I wiped my hard drive and reinstalled Windows, AMD Chipset Drivers and Ryzen Master again. Still no change.

Also, maybe completely unrelated, I use Argus Monitor to set my fan speeds and monitor my system parameters, however after installing the 5800x, my core temperature stays at 0.0*C:

am.png

And under the "Overview" section, it shows core 1 at 0*C, but shows temperature for all other cores:

am1.png

I had installed the newest version, which indicates it supports the 5800x, both initially and after reinstalling Windows.

Are all these issues a chip issue, did I get a defective chip? Is this a driver or software issue? Anyone else experiencing this, find any solutions or work arounds, or am I just stuck waiting for updates from AMD?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

New version of Ryzen Master released in the past few days works fine. But I believe you need the latest bios as well. 

View solution in original post

15 Replies