Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nano233
Journeyman III

Ryzen Master (2.6.2.1818) not working with 5600g

Hi,

I just bought an HP Omen 30L 5600g and hope to add additional RAM sticks. Some say Ryzen Master can help unlock the frequency lock on non-HP sticks so I decided to try it out. However, it won't run on my machine (says "unsupported processor"). My BIOS was already updated, Ryzen Master is the latest release (2.6.2.1818) and the release note said it supports  Ryzen 5000 series processors. Any idea on how to get it running on my device?

Thanks,

Nano

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Ryzen Master Tool is not supported with your processor unfortuantely. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Ryzen Master Tool is not supported with your processor unfortuantely. 

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Do you think there will be a future update that adds the support for 5600g?

0 Likes

and 4700g as well! 

0 Likes

Sorry to hear about this. As far as I know, 4700g was released about 10 months ago, yet it's still not supported... This makes me worry if it'll be a similar case for 5600g.

0 Likes

From what I've read the 5000 Series APU's (including 5600g) are going to retail later in the year. 4000 series APU's are OEM only (ie. inside a prebuilt). My guess is when they go to retail support will be added to Ryzen Master for them so I think you got a shot. I am hoping since they are so similar they will add support at the same time for the 4000 series APU's. We'll see. The thing is I am not sure if with the limited bios on the prebuilt anything can be over clocked on it. I pulled my 4700g out of the hp and put it on a B550 mobo. I can overclock in the bios on that. I just like to see in Ryzen Master what defaults in bios ended up getting set to. I liked Ryzen Master in view mode mainly. 

0 Likes

I have a 5600G CPU with an x570 Asus board and I know for sure it works with Ryzen Master 2.8.0.1937. If you install this version and it still doesn't work then perhaps your oem motherboard is not compatible with it. I did have to update RM to get it to work correctly. The older versions don't recognize this CPU.

I can't comment on future plans unfortunately. 

0 Likes

Same question as before, recently bought an HP Omen 30L with a 5600G and 6600XT. Is ryzen master still not compatible? I’ve been getting an error when trying to open ryzen master.  

0 Likes
DRDOS
Adept III

About one month ago i've checked a recent version of RM with another CPU - 5700G, result was the same as OP described - on attempt to run this tool it shows a message that says the processor is not supported.
I supposed 2 cases - either something is wrong with CPU itself, or a motherboard doesn't provide some functionality required by RM in order to work properly.

0 Likes
GOVARDHAN
Journeyman III

Im facing issue in the processor, the processor is not working i have checked everything, but it didn't working 

0 Likes