cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

niiikk_
Journeyman III

Ryzen High temps

Hi, my Ryzen 5 2600 temps hits around 88c while gaming and 47-49 while browsing or normal stuff.

is this normal?

0 Likes
14 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

niiikk, with no information it is hard to even guess.  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) and your specifications.  You maximum temperature is 95C:

pastedImage_1.jpg

Enjoy, John.

What is the Make & Model of your CPU Cooler?

Is it liquid or air CPU cooler?

Is the CPU cooler, it third party, list at AMD Recommended Ryzen Threadrippers CPU Coolers here: Thermal Solutions for Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processors | AMD 

Make sure it is installed correctly and making good contact with the CPU.

Once you answer the other questions plus your computer information might make it easier to determine your high temperatures.

0 Likes

im using Ryzen 5 2600 stock cooler.

specs:

RTX 2060 FE

MSI B450M PRO-VDH V2

Ryzen 5 2600.

0 Likes

It seems your Ryzen 5 2600 comes with the stock CPU Cooler Wraith stealth from AMD.

Make sure you use Ryzen Master to measure your CPU Temperature so as to be accurate in its reading.

Here is a review from TechPowerUp concerning the three AMD Wraith CPU Coolers: AMD Stock Coolers Tested: Wraith Prism vs. Wraith Spire vs. Wraith Stealth - TechSpot 

From what I read, the Wraith Stealth is the least powerful CPU coolers of all the Wraith CPU Coolers. It is sufficient to maintain your Ryzen 2600 within it Max Operating Temperatures but does run hotter under heavy loads. 

You can try and configure in your Motherboard's BIOS to run the fan at its maximum fan curve to get better cooling results as per this thread in Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/67c0kb/help_wih_cooling_of_ryzen_5_1600/ 

I would suggest upgrading to a better 3rd party CPU Cooler from the list recommended by AMD that I linked in my first comment. Those are mainly Liquid CPU Cooler for more powerful Ryzen Threadrippers. But you should be able to find a cheaper "Air' Cpu cooler that is compatible with the Ryzen 2600.

The AMD Recommended lists at least three Air CPU Coolers. One from CoolerMaster and the other from Noctua and Arctic Freezer TR. Need to find out if it will fit in your computer case. There are probably others that maybe less powerful but stronger than the Stealth that you may be able to install. 

I would google Ryzen 5 2600 Air CPU Coolers and see what products show up. Then you can find out which is the most compatible and fits your budget. Found this website that compares several AIR CPU Coolers models for the Ryzen 5 2600: https://www.windowscentral.com/best-amd-ryzen-5-2600-aftermarket-cooler . It from Dec. 2018.

EDIT: One factor could also be poor air circulation in the computer case. Remove one side panel and see if the temperature are lower then with the computer case sealed up. Also make sure your CPU Cooler is clean and the computer case vents are not clogged with dust.

niiikk, where is the Ryzen Master screenshot?  Drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  Need to see it and the other things asked for to help you.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
noodles59
Miniboss

Perhaps remove the case cover and see if temperature falls a lot - if so you know what to do!?

Normal is when CPU temp is a little higher ( ~5C) than room temperature when idel

0 Likes

pastedImage_1.pngthis was right after i exit my game (BFV)

0 Likes

~60C is quite normal for gaming - not sure where you got 88C from?

You can use GPU-Z which also monitors CPU temperature and it's fairly accurate too.

Here mine showing max pastedImage_2.jpgtemperatures recorded:

0 Likes

It was after i finished playing the game where the temps dropped, while playing it was around 88c.

0 Likes

niiikk, please capture a screenshot at 88C and post it.  Since the maximum is 95C, 88C is OK but not great.  If you are uncomfortable, then consider a better cooler of use Ryzen Master (RM) to slow down a little.  Do make sure you cooler is properly mounted, tight and no thermal paste is oozing out the sides.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

okay so i took off my side pannel and started playing BFV again, and my CPU temps never crossed 73c.

previously i had to set my GPU fan speed at 80% for it to stay at 76c, now its at 72c with 50% fan speed.

0 Likes

As mentioned before - get more air through the case but still ~60C (CPU) would be better

0 Likes

Why do you prevent your GPU Fan from running at 100%? At 72c it should be running 100%.

You do need better Computer case ventilation but it seems like you need to upgrade your CPU Cooler to a stronger one to keep your Threadripper cooler.

0 Likes
freakyyyy
Adept II

No don't use GPU-Z for CPU temps it's wrong it will add 10c for the real temps so

I suggest you to set:

1. Power options to AMD Ryzne Balanced.

2. Only use AMD Ryzen Master for CPU temps.

0 Likes