cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

GeordieMatt
Journeyman III

Ryzen CPU instability

I have had two Rzyen CPOU's in the past few months and both have the same issues. Both seem to cause a crash in my system with a WHEA Logger 18 event with the following event viewer description:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

I have tested my RAM, re-seated it used one stick at a time with no solution, the PSU has been changed in my PC and I have changed form a B450 Tomahawk Max MOBO to an X570 Aurous Elite, the same issue happens. This happens in a variety of games, ranging from Civ 6 up to Far Cry 5/Horizon Zero Dawn. All my drivers/BIOS/Chipset are up to date with the recommended drivers.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can solve this issue? I assume playing with voltages/BIOS settings is the way but would appreciate some help.

My Current System Specs are: 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

MOBO: Gigabyte X570 Aurous Elite

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4-3600

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT

PSU: Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold

Matt

0 Likes
1 Reply
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Retest the RAM with this: MemTest Manual (hcidesign.com) Not a spokesperson but I bought the Deluxe to run it pre-boot to test to 800% coverage and find an intermittent error. 

Second thing or first, you can work either way, check in BIOS and manually set the SOC to 1.10v. PBO can be on or off but you'll need to unlock the "uncore" to get that voltage to stick. Set the IF (Infinity Fabric), to match half the RAM speed or 1800 in your case.

Finally if it's not liking the latest GPU driver, it can cause this so run DDU in safe mode, while remaining offline. Install the 20.8.3 driver and you should be ok. There's a few other tweaks to try but this should get you stable.

DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.3.6 (guru3d.com)

Previous drivers for the RX 5700 XT: AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT Previous Drivers | AMD scroll down to the previous driver and save it for install.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes