Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Ryzen and IntelBurnTest Freezes

Jump to solution

Perhaps there is something about the IBT code, but if you use it to stress test your computer it gives continuous freeze problems. The freezing can last anywhere from a few seconds to a minute.

My 1800x is not overclocked. My 3600Mhz memory is at 3200-3333Mhz. My motherboard is a Crossfire VI Hero. Perhaps AMD should look into this problem.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Ryzen and IntelBurnTest Freezes

Jump to solution

It turns out that the software for my Kraken X62 AIO was the source of the freezes and lockups. I have to set the pump and fan speed, then exit the program. Other system monitoring software (eg HWINFO) do not cause problems.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Works fine on my 1800X, Corsair 3200mhz @ 2800mhz (Hyinx), and ASUS Prime X370-Pro. IntelBurnTest 2.54, ran 10 times in a row without any freezing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I run IBT set to "Very High". Standard is their lowest stability test. If you really want to stress the system, run music off your hard drive at the same time.

You could also try OCCT - Linpack test. My system has problems specific to Linpack testers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

No problems again. Took 10x as long to run but that's to be expected, never froze once during the test. So I would suspect it is a problem with your system, quite possibly the RAM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

The problem may be more common to Crosshair 6 Hero boards. My Speed is about 167 GFlops during the test which is about double your's.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

You got the last BIOS and Chipset - Driver installed?

My 1700x got no trouble with the IntelBurn Test.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

Problems like this is most likely related to memory stability. Verify your secondary timing and maybe beef up voltages like DRAM, SOC and Vpp. ProcODT may also help stabilize a memory overclock.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

My ProcODT is 48. Above 60 causes booting problems. Below 40 causes additional IBT problems.

Increasing DRAM and SOC doesn't seem to make a difference. Memtest86 shows no errors.

I haven't played with VDDP yet. My VCore drops to 1.199 volts during IBT - not sure if it's too low.

My system drive is an NVMe 860 Evo and other people with freezing problems often have NVMe drives.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

I have a Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVMe boot drive.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

It turns out that the software for my Kraken X62 AIO was the source of the freezes and lockups. I have to set the pump and fan speed, then exit the program. Other system monitoring software (eg HWINFO) do not cause problems.

View solution in original post