Re: Ryzen AMD balanced power plan problems

Hello zion,

and after that everything was fixed?

0 Kudos
ajlueke
Grandmaster

Hello Poedder,

Your issue could be related to your hard disk/SSD.  In the advance settings of the Ryzen Balance mode, you will see that it turns off power to the hard disks after 20 minutes or so of idle.  Try switching that to "Never" and reboot.  Does the crashing still occur with the lag in programs opening?

0 Kudos

Over a week and not a single BSOD.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

looks like you may have had some incompatible memory sticks

0 Kudos

In AMD's "balanced" plan, some of your hardware can still go into lower power states.  In "high performance", nothing ever drops into low power state, and the issue goes away.  I would almost guarantee you have some random hardware with a crappy driver ... so probably not your motherboard, CPU, RAM, PSU, or videocard.

To diagnose, you can either search for and update all of your drivers, or unplug everything from your computer that you can, and add them back one-by-one until the problem comes back. Likely culprits are cheap components ... things like bluetooth dongles, A/V input devices, soundcards, sata expansion cards, garmin navigation, etc etc ... basically, anything where they probably don't care much about drivers, or where you don't generally bother getting drivers because they "just work".

0 Kudos
poedder
Journeyman III

Hello ajlueke ,

i will try that! thanks for your answer

0 Kudos
poedder
Journeyman III

Hello stacey,

Thank you for your answer!

Drivers are up to date. Installed the chipset driver from amd, nvidia driver from nvidia and the rest from the asus website for the mainboard.

I only have 2 devices connected to my pc (besides monitors but i have them for a long time and i dont think they can cause such problems): a logitech g502 with the gaming software driver and a sharkoon skiller mech (the keyboard doesnt have any drivers). Do you think that they can cause such problems?

I will try the possible solution from ajleuke with not allowing the hard disks to turn off (forgot to mention that i currently have 1 x 120 gb adata and 1 x 250 gb adata ssd, both worked in my old pc.

0 Kudos
poedder
Journeyman III

I would like to mention that i didnt have any BSOD / Bluescreens (like zion). Just freezes.

0 Kudos

Sounds like your harddrives are almost definitely not your issue; there's no "spin-up" time for your drives, so that's probably not it, but I suppose it can't hurt.

So, you try to load (say) Word, and it takes 5 seconds before it does anything?  I wonder if it's somehow your anti-virus?  Do you have some important component of your OS on a network drive (like, your swap file, or something)? In fact, to test, try disabling your network card (not just pulling the cable / disconnecting your wifi).

0 Kudos
poedder
Journeyman III

The problem is more like: everything works fine most of the time. Lets say i have a video running on youtube while watching the forum on my main monitor. Now i want to open a new tab , move one of the tabs to my other monitor, open a program or searching an installed program with the taskbar. Sometimes my pc hangs for over 10 seconds. The sound keeps working and i can hear the video continuing to play, but both screens are completley frozen, i cant move the mouse or anything else (although the pc register my movements if you know what i mean, if the picture is frozen and i move my mouse slightly to the left/ right side durring the freeze --> when the pc works again my mouse moved or if i opened a program before the freeze, the program will be started).

The 2nd problem is what u described --> i try to open a program and sometimes it takes time til it opens (in that time i can still move my mouse and stuff but if i try to open programs nothing happens , 3-5 seconds later everything opens that i tried to open durring the "small freeze")

I only had the windows defender , now kaspersky internet security --> uninstalling kaspersky didnt change anything. I dont have a network card/drive besides the one on the mainboard.

0 Kudos