Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

remiii40
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 7950x won’t boot

Hi guys, I have a problem :

My new computer remains stuck on the message "Press F2 or DEL to enter UEFI bios".

If I do F2 or DEL nothing happens but I can do CTRL-ALT-SUP to restart.

If I do nothing, after about 2~3 minutes the bios is displayed and I lose 1 SSD (only 1 ssd is displayed on the two installed).

I have already :

• updated the bios to the latest version
  • reset the bios
  • search on Google
  • disconnect USB devices
  • my ram is not OC, run at 4800MHz (stock settings)

If I unplug and reconnect the 220V socket I can boot into Windows ! After rebooting it still stuck...

Here is the configuration :

• 2x16Go DDR5 5200MHz Corsair Vengeance
  • Asus Prime X670-P
  • Ryzen 9 7950x
  • Corsair RM1000x
  • 1x WD_Black SN850x 1to in slot M2.1 (Windows disk)
  • 1x Kingston A1000 960Go in slot M2.3 (games disk)
  • RTX 3090FE

Thank you for the help

A16020E7-3CF1-4FC6-A25D-9956B6A32CF4.jpeg

0 Likes
8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

remiii40, what are you trying to boot from?  Have you installed Windows (version) and from what device? Your video does not play. Be sure to open a support request with your MB vendor. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I try to boot Windows 11 (latest stable version, no Insider) from my WD Black SSD (in M2.1 slot PCI 5.0).

It's a fresh install. I will try to contact the manufacturer of the motherboard.

It's a shame to spend a lot of money on "high-end" components and have problems..

0 Likes

remiii40, I still don't understand, Please answer:

1. Is Windows installed?

2. If installed, how?

3. Have you tried hitting Del key continuously immediately after power on?

4. Do you mean Ctrl-Alt-Del?

This sounds like a MB problem. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

1. Yes Windows is installed

2. Via a usb key (MediaCreationTool)

3. Yes, it’s do nothing

4. Yes, SUP is french layout, sorry

0 Likes

Thanks, remiii40. How did you boot the USB key to install Windows? Is your KB wireless? I have had a lot on problems with my Logitech K545 KB and M510 mouse not always communicating reliably with my system. I finally installed a USB extension cable so the dongle is right behind the KB at the base of my monitor where I can keep an eye on it. No more failures.

Have you opened a service request with MB vendor? Please do. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

My SSDs were blank, the computer started by itself on the USB key (in UEFI mode).

Everything is wired : Corsair K70 + Corsair Dark Core.
I can do CTRL-ALT-DEL… So my keyboard is plugged in

Yes I contacted the manufacturer, I await their answers

0 Likes

Sorry, remiii40. Looks like you need to wait to hear.  I would suggest RMAing the board. Your SSDs are no longer blank if Windows is installed. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

You didn't understand what I said. I had my SSDs empty so the BIOS booted automatically on the USB stick. Cordially

0 Likes