Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

CalinB
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Ryzen 9 5950x running very hot 74C

Yeah mate, I didn’t remove the plastic from the cooler 🤦‍:male_sign: How do you have these ideas? Of course I did. And the other guy, who started making comparisons with some “president”. Are you proud of yourself, bringing politics in a tech forum? What’s wrong with you? And you Trek, don’t you have something better to do? You didn’t help anybody in this forum. Take a look at the Gamers Nexus video about the next AGESA update. It will tackle the problem of high idle temps on certain boards, and high voltage spikes. It seems that this is an acknowledgement from AMD that it’s an issue. So can we all just leave it be, we’re not helping anyone. Thanks!

astrosquirrel
Adept III
Adept III

@trek wrote:

I can provide screenshot of hwinfo prime 95 in place large fft stress test, that produces most heat, in this case I have temp around 75C with spikes to 78C, CPU fan speed 1000rpm

For inital test run always bios optimized defaults, you can just set xmp memory profile, but nothing else

obrazek.png

I've also provided my results with a log file this morning, graphing the CPU and including voltage, Fan RPM as well as GPU data. My specs are also listed for comparisons.

0 Kudos
Ero_Sennin
Adept III
Adept III

@astrosquirrel 

Can you provide a screenshot with CPU frequencies presented and at their max usage and load? Core voltage seems too low there that means frequencies are also low. If I missed something on the photo enlighten me.

Also your mobo is Gigabyte that probably works better than Asus.

0 Kudos
trek
Elite
Elite

@CalinB wrote:

Take a look at the Gamers Nexus video about the next AGESA update. It will tackle the problem of high idle temps on certain boards, and high voltage spikes. It seems that this is an acknowledgement from AMD that it’s an issue.

No agesa 1.1.9.0 will not tacke temperatures, there is no such a information, I have watched Gamers Nexus and he acknowledged only info what others are posting:

AGESA enables support for the S0i3 power state of Windows 10 (Modern Standby). The firmware also should improve system stability in the FCLK 1800 MHz to 2000 MHz range and adds support for "fanless X570 motherboards."

astrosquirrel
Adept III
Adept III

@CalinB wrote:

Yeah mate, I didn’t remove the plastic from the cooler 🤦‍:male_sign: How do you have these ideas? Of course I did. And the other guy, who started making comparisons with some “president”. Are you proud of yourself, bringing politics in a tech forum? What’s wrong with you? And you Trek, don’t you have something better to do? You didn’t help anybody in this forum. Take a look at the Gamers Nexus video about the next AGESA update. It will tackle the problem of high idle temps on certain boards, and high voltage spikes. It seems that this is an acknowledgement from AMD that it’s an issue. So can we all just leave it be, we’re not helping anyone. Thanks!

Ok ok, the president comment was probably not my finest moment - I'm ok to admit that - though the level of discussion was already in the toilet by then. 

Now, let's be pragmatic and try to help you. Have you been able to check the sheet I uploaded this morning?. BTW I am not able to see your video yet. 

0 Kudos
Ero_Sennin
Adept III
Adept III

It seems AMD recognizes that Ryzen 5000 have indeed some issues that they need to fix finally. I am not sure of course if these BIOS updates will play a role in the temperatures etc. but let's hope it will.

https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-to-release-bios-update-to-finally-fix-ryzen-5000-issues

0 Kudos
trek
Elite
Elite

They fix just some bugs, but do not expect they solve temperture "issues" that are non existent and virtual.

It is written in twitter update, these are just common stability updates + raid + rebar + software support

• RAID drive
  • general stability updates (memory compatibility? idk)
  • Support for PCIe ReBAR (GPU/driver support req’d)
  • Fix for 5600X/5800X telemetry in Ryzen Master (requires RM 2.6.1.X; also available in Feb.) - issue was following A few of the bugs being reported are the Ryzen Master not showing clock speeds, incompatibility with NZXT Cam software for displaying temperatures, and having sections of the software itself inaccessible and greyed out

Do not expect that AMD will solve non existent issues with BIOS update. AMD clarified clearly how temperature works, many users here that build a lot of computers described how thigs work. For some there is broken CPU cooler but no issues with CPUs (there are indeed issues related to common RMA rate as for each product).

0 Kudos
Ero_Sennin
Adept III
Adept III

@trek 

I don't have big hopes as I never waiting, see and then judging. But I just hope the part "stability updates" could help somehow at least the performance in high temps. Not sure if of course this make sense.

I think what we really need regarding how the mobos reacting and handling the voltage, is new BIOS and AGESA updates from motherboard manufacturers.

Let's see anyway.

0 Kudos
CalinB
Adept III
Adept III

Currently, AMD is deleting posts about 5950x overheating. Nice job! https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/post-about-ryzen-9-5900x-overheats-and-then-gets-deleted/td-...

0 Kudos
CalinB
Adept III
Adept III

And Trek, you know when a company tries to hide something, it means that something is true and they don’t want it out there because of all of the hype “AMD better than Intel” and all that nonsense. It’s not good for business. I don’t know why are you defending them, I’m sure you’re not a stock holder or something. Or are you Trek?!D: :face_with_tears_of_joy::face_with_tears_of_joy::face_with_tears_of_joy:

0 Kudos