cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Adept II
Adept II

Re: Ryzen 9 5950x running very hot 74C

I don't know of anywhere else that applies. Hopefully the confusing labeling isn't duplicated elsewhere. Got that from the GN article, BTW. They're tech Jesus.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3491-explaining-precision-boost-overdrive-benchmarks-auto-oc

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

I hope so @JoltCola because in my rog strix x 570 e gaming, there are many options with the Auto setting. Thanks for answering.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Hey Guys,

I urge you all to watch this. It may be good news for some, particularly where the MoBos new BIOS is already available. 

https://youtu.be/dfkrp25dpQ0

As noted in the video, the returns from the 5950X aren't as mindblowing as with the others, but I'm expecting to see quite a difference, particularly in those "spiky" cases that use a single core on light loads. 

There seems to be a new BIOS available for the ROG Hero VIII with the required AGESA code. Once I've updated the BIOS and run my tests, I will present my results here.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Hi All,

Just wondering if we could consolidate all the findings from this forum?

Asus Specific (In windows):

1. Closing/removing Gamefirst helps lowers temps.

2. Closing/Removing ASUS AI

Asus X570 Bios:

1. ...
2. ...

ETC,...

If we could consolidate this and maybe upvote, as the forum is already 18 pages... :)
And I am getting lost :)

Cheers,

a.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

@Ero_Sennin 

Hello, do you have a better temp in game with your new AIO ?

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Hi @giboune 

I tried a CPU mark benchmark and games Resident Evil 2 Remake and GTA V and I noticed about 6 degrees lower temps. And all in auto settings and PBO and CPB enabled. Before I was getting about 88 and now max 79-80.

Hope with new BIOS and AGESA updates things to be even better.

0 Kudos
Elite
Elite

You might try to run some synthetic benchmarks to make sure performance is the same, I discovered that after bios update on my motherboard I had half pcie throughput and had to reinstall AMD chipset drivers. Just make sure you do not have lower temps due to lower performance.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Try setting Core voltage to Offset mode, minus (-) prefix and 0.1000 volt. This and no PBO has my Crosshair Viii and 5950x running nicely cool and without much performance penalty.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

@giboune 

Hi again. Today I tried to change the Performance Enhancer from Auto and Default (That I already had tried), to Level 1. I also tried the undervolting method I found out from this video. Now I ran the benchmark and I got max temperature of 76 degrees which I find pretty satisfied comparing by previous times with the previous BIOS and the previous Air Cooler.

I also have set my RAM with Ryzen DRAM Calculator to the Fast Preset profile by changing their timings and some other settings along with their voltage. I used the recommended values by the Ryzen DRAM Calculator and not the most higher etc.

PBO and CPB are enabled normally. I have changed the TDP power limit to the Extreme option instead of auto or Optimized.

There are more things I changed probably in BIOS but I have to check if I need to mention them again because in time I was making different changes. However hope this helps. I am also overclocking my MSI RTX 3090 Suprim X with +50 core voltage, +125MHz core clock and +800MHz memory clock. This, I found on Guru 3D article about overclocking this card.

I just mention it in order that someone could like to try the same. Hope everything to be fine and I am monitoring of course everything.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

@AlienLoRd wrote:

Hi All,

Just wondering if we could consolidate all the findings from this forum?

Asus Specific (In windows):

1. Closing/removing Gamefirst helps lowers temps.

2. Closing/Removing ASUS AI

3. Stop the lighting service from Armoury Crate (or set non dynamic lights)

Asus X570 Bios:

1. PBO2 Undervolting!!! - check the video I linked.
2. ...

ETC,...

If we could consolidate this and maybe upvote, as the forum is already 18 pages... :)
And I am getting lost :)

Cheers,

a.

See my comments in line :)

0 Kudos