cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

harvindran
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 5950x running nearly at 90 degree Celsius while gaming

Hi, just bought ryzen 9 5950x, tried playing games and the temperature shot up to 90 degree Celsius. the idle temperature is 55 degree Celsius. Is this normal.

0 Likes
2 Replies

What cpu cooler, how many case fans (intake/exhaust).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
rumple
Adept II

The CPU will go to 90 under a full load.  Can't tell you if your game was working all the cores that hard, but it sound like it was.  I have a 5900x and under normal instruction set load, I hit 74 degrees celsius.... But under an all core small data set AVX load, my CPU sits at 89 or 90 until I stop Prime95 torture test, etc.  But I don't crash.  When I undervolt my CPU by 0.1v and set LLC to 4 and set curve optimizer to negative 30 on all cores, with the lower voltage, I drop several degrees and maintain about 200mhz higher all core. There is an option in my BIOS to lower the platform thermal limit to my choosing, and when I set a new thermal limit the CPU will ride there instead of 90 degrees... but I know chips, and they should all be totally fine with 90 degrees peak temp for over 5  years.

0 Likes