cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ratfink47
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 5900X

When will additional inventory be available?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Kalevala
Journeyman III

This. Any enlightenment on this? Ordered in 2020. Should I wait one more month? Two? Six? Gaming and editor consumers are too marginal group for AMD? Cryptocurrency industry hoarding all 5900x?

0 Likes
Thanny
Miniboss

As you may or may not have heard, we're in the middle of a pandemic.  This is disrupting all parts of the supply chain, from the smallest of surface-mount components, all the way to shipping the final products.

That's on top of this being a time when AMD has released new CPU's, new GPU's, and the chips at the heart of both new consoles. 

Whether it's the wafer supply issue at TSMC or the general supply chain issues that are mostly to blame, feel free to guess.

In about three weeks, things will get worse, as workers in China get a couple weeks off for their new year holiday.  If I had to guess, I'd say a semblance of normalcy in CPU market availability will return no earlier than March.

Also read that even the automotive manufacturing industry is hurting from lack of chips.

0 Likes

Thank you. It was worth to push a bit and sorry as well. I also figured that the main reasons would be:

-covid-19

-shifting trade wars

-b2b over customers

I had also already forgotten Chinese new year.. oh dear..

Just releasing some steam here after seeing all the cryptocurrency farm articles with the newest GPUs and CPUs. I've been eagerly waiting to jump to AMD club after 5000 series and it hurts now to see that Intel is having a break to breath thanks to their function supply chain.

Since there's no announcements, things must be relatively bad what comes to production. I think it's safe to assume that we customers would be waiting half a year for our 5900x's? I really hope I am wrong.

https://videocardz.com/newz/this-geforce-rtx-3080-ethereum-mining-rig-now-makes-20k-per-month

https://cryptoage.com/en/2245-amd-ryzen-9-5900x-randomx-hashrate,-monero-cryptocurrency.html

And sorry I am not here to offend anyone. AMD has done a great job pushing Intel out of their monopoly comfort zone. Customers thank you for that.

0 Likes