Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

MarcelNasal
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 5900X : Random bluescreens with whea-logger 18

Hello everyone,

I'm typing this right now because I'm absolutely desperate. More or less 1 year ago, I decided to completely change my PC specs with a new CPU, GPU, Motherboard, RAM, power supply and storage. Here's the exact specs :

CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

MB : Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus

GPU : MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC

SSD : Samsung EVO 970 PLUS M.2, 250Go

HDD : Seagate Barracuda HDD 2 To

RAM : DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 4x8Go (32Go) 3200 MHz, CAS16

CPU fan : Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Power supply : Corsair TX850M

Unfortunately, since I installed this new configuration my PC undergoes 100% random crashes (bluescreens). The error code is always the same : "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR", an error which is already very vague, and the Event Viewer doesn't help me at all. It usually happens when I'm playing games but not always, but it's NOT triggered by anything. I've made a lot of tests and there's no element for me to find what triggers those crashes. For example, when Cyberpunk launched, I've played around 3 hours with Ultra settings and everything and it all went smooth, but as soon as I closed the game, my PC had the bluescreen a few seconds after. I also sometimes experience all my USB peripherals freezing for like 2 seconds, then restarting (including my monitor which seems to freeze during that), which is also not triggered by something in particular

As I was unable to find a solution I brought my computer twice to professionnal computer scientists, which told me twice they never encountered the bluescreen, even with benchmarks running basically all day, and that they have no idea of why the crashes happen. On my side, I did absolutely everything I could find : (re)installing every possible driver ; updating BIOS ; reinstalling windows ; replacing the motherboard ; run the PC without every non-essential peripherals ; testing RAM ; testing my storage ; even increasing the DRAM voltage by 0.05V after I saw other people going through the same thing and being told to do that by MSI. Nothing changed. As of now, I'm trying to play Forza Horizons 5 (which runs sooooo good), but my game is quickly interrupted by a crash after like 10 minutes.

The things I haven't done yet are : replacing my "basic" peripherals ; replacing the CPU (hard and expensive) ; replacing the GPU (extremely hard and expensive).

I hope someone will be able to help me as I'm close to finally giving up and accepting my fate.

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
0 Replies