cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Priogeth
Adept I

Ryzen 9 5900x RAM compatibility

Trying to buy proper RAM for the Ryzen 9 5900x.

Thing is, im not getting the infos i need to do so.

On AMDs Website for the 5900x/5950x it is stated that the System Memory Specification supports UP TO 3200MHz
// https://www.amd.com/en/products/specifications/compare/processors/10456,10461 //
AMD also Recommends for RAM to run on 1,35V. as RAM can be forced to run on a lower frequency.

Yet across the globe, people are talking about 3600MHz beeing the sweet-spot with the ZEN3-GEN and OC to 3800MHz
// From what i understand beyond 3800MHz the FCLK goes from 1:1 to 1:2, so not going there would be ideal //

So whats the Deal here?

0 Likes
2 Replies
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

I run a 5950x, previously a 3900x, and use G.Skill Trident Neo 3600 16gb x 2 with very good results on a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master but as with anything YMMV.

0 Likes

You need to go to your Motherboard's QVL List for 5000 Series RAM MEMORY.

The list shows you which specific RAM MEMORY part numbers are compatible with your Ryzen and Motherboard.

That list will show you what speeds your motherboard supports for each specific RAM Part number listed and whether you can Overclock the RAM in BIOS.

The list will also show you how many DIMM Slots each specific RAM Part number is compatible for your motherboard.

0 Likes