cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: RYZEN 9 5900X Overheats?!

I have the same specs. My CPU did hit the maximum 90 degrees. I don’t know how to fix it.. :(

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

If you're hitting 80C+ with PBO disabled and high-end air or AIO cooling, that isn't normal. If PBO is enabled and caps set to "motherboard" it's totally normal though.

AMD says Zen3 can handle 90C all day long no problem, but I'm not comfortable with that either, so I set my PBO caps manually to 162w PPT, 115A TDC, 160A EDC which has me hitting around 77C at full load. The actual numbers you want depend on the temperature you're comfortable running and your cooling. I'm on high-end air (NH-D15) but if you've got a 360mm AIO or whatever you can certainly go higher.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Same here, didn't have that problem with 5600x i think I'm returning the 5900x unfortunately. It's giving me headache trying to figure out why it just spikes randomly for no reason on desktop. 

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

NZXT CAM just sux with AMD system

You should try "FanControl" to set the maximum fan speed to the best noise/cooling ratio.

https://github.com/Rem0o/FanControl.Releases

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

What motherboard, bios, voltages, and cooler are you running? I am using an almost 3 year old H100i in quiet mode with PBO and voltage set to mother board maximum on an x570 taichi. I am regularly boosting to 5.16 on light workloads and 4.49 all core on cinebench with temps hovering around 77 after multiple passes. On 3dmark with an overclocked reference 6900xt dumping loads of hot air into an o11-d XL cpu temps never really go above 70 on the cpu

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

same issue here 

cpu idle 40-50 with spikes to the 55 58 

on gaming the cpu have wierd spikes i saw it reach 83C on cod cold war on the fking menu on actually game play getting 70-80C

this issue driving me crazy brand new pc 

ppl told me on forums its because my radiator mounted on top and not on front some ppl say this temps are normal some ppl say 240mm radiator not even enought for this cpu on the other hand i see ppl complaning on the same issue with front or top 360mm radiator i really dont know why it is happening im feeling hopeless

motherboard:asus rog strix b550 F gaming wifi

cpu cooler:corsair hydro h100x 240mm top mounted

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Don’t worry. Your temperatures are normal.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Just installed a new combo with 5900x.

My temps are 35-40 idle, depending on time. At start 35, but when the liquid heats a bit, 40. Stress testing the CPU, I don’t go past 65-67. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

What motherboard if I may ask?

0 Kudos