cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

vietkiem
Journeyman III

ryzen 9 5900X and ram 3600 compatibility

the title maybe similar to other but I got other issue for the compatibility with Asus ProArt x570 Creator Wifi.  I just bought set of 2 memory speed 3600Mhz from Corsair (CMK64GX4M2D3600C18) which is from QVL for this Board and  installed it but when I installed it on A1 and B1 Ram slot with XMP/D.O.C.P mode. The Mobo won't boot just keep recycling until it enter to Safe mode then I have to Press F1 to reduce it to 3200Mhz in order for system to boot up to windows. On other hand, when I installed this memory kit on A2 and B2 slot with XMP/D.O.C.P mode on. it recognized my memory speed as 3600Mhz and it boot straight up to windows. my question is this CPU not support 3600Mhz on 4 memory slot or I got faulty CPU?

NOTICE:  it work perfect with RAM speed 3200Mhz with 4 memory slot and with XMP/D.O.C.P. 

My PC specficition: 

Motherboard:  Asus ProArt x570 Creator Wifi

GPU: XFX Speedster QICK319 RX 6800

Nvme: WB_SN850x

PSU: Corsair 850w

0 Likes
2 Solutions
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,
Two mistakes were made. : - )

You did not read the manual and you haven't seen my YouTube short, just kidding ; - )

According to the boards manual, with a 2x Memory Stick you have to insert them in B2 then A2, only populate all four when you do have them if they are on the socket support in the QVL

How To - Video 

The Englishman

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vietkiem
Journeyman III

0 Likes
2 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,
Two mistakes were made. : - )

You did not read the manual and you haven't seen my YouTube short, just kidding ; - )

According to the boards manual, with a 2x Memory Stick you have to insert them in B2 then A2, only populate all four when you do have them if they are on the socket support in the QVL

How To - Video 

The Englishman
0 Likes
vietkiem
Journeyman III

Thanks

0 Likes