cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

D3w0n2249
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 3950x

Hi! I can't find an answer. Can I use d.o.c.p for my ram to run at 3600mhz with my cpu? On the specs it says 2133 to 3200 for the ryzen 9 3950x but people seem to use 3600mhz and also 4000mhz ram. If I run mine at d.o.c.p 3600mhz will I ruin my cpu? I got g skill trident Z neo. Best regards Daniel

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have a Asus Motherboard also. But I use Asus BIOS to manually set the speed from SPD to 3600Mhz and FCLK at 1800Mhz.

But you need to check your Motherboard's QVL List and see if your specific RAM will be supported at its native speed and not its SPD speed.

But I am also using G-Skill Trident Z Neo RGB RAM (2x16gb) and I have no issues setting the speed to it native speed of 3600Mhz. 

I suggest you just manually set the speed to 3600Mhz and avoid enabling DOCP if possible. I found out that DOCP sometimes causes RAM issues.

My motherboard original BIOS version did have DOCP settings. At first I set my RAM manually and then decided to try DOCP settings. My computer wouldn't boot up. I needed to do a Clear CMOS to reset BIOS again. After that I just manually set the RAM speed. Plus after updating my BIOS I couldn't find DOCP Settings any more. looks like it had be removed by Asus.

You CPU won't get ruined if you mis-configured the RAM. Most likely either BIOS will reset the RAM speed or it won't boot up.

You should have no problems overclocking your G-Skill RAM to it native 3600Mhz speed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

I have a Asus Motherboard also. But I use Asus BIOS to manually set the speed from SPD to 3600Mhz and FCLK at 1800Mhz.

But you need to check your Motherboard's QVL List and see if your specific RAM will be supported at its native speed and not its SPD speed.

But I am also using G-Skill Trident Z Neo RGB RAM (2x16gb) and I have no issues setting the speed to it native speed of 3600Mhz. 

I suggest you just manually set the speed to 3600Mhz and avoid enabling DOCP if possible. I found out that DOCP sometimes causes RAM issues.

My motherboard original BIOS version did have DOCP settings. At first I set my RAM manually and then decided to try DOCP settings. My computer wouldn't boot up. I needed to do a Clear CMOS to reset BIOS again. After that I just manually set the RAM speed. Plus after updating my BIOS I couldn't find DOCP Settings any more. looks like it had be removed by Asus.

You CPU won't get ruined if you mis-configured the RAM. Most likely either BIOS will reset the RAM speed or it won't boot up.

You should have no problems overclocking your G-Skill RAM to it native 3600Mhz speed.

0 Likes

Thank you for quick answer. I have the Asus rog corsair VIII formula. I will check the qvl list later. Thanks again! 

0 Likes