cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Torsk
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 3950x serial number

Hello, I am looking at selling my old Ryzen 9 3950x on Ebay and a possible buyer has asked for the serial number. Is it safe to provide the serial number? I have had the processor for over 3 years.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Well, the AMD Warranty has expired and besides it is non-transferable to another owner.

Ask him why he needs to know the Serial Number of the Processor?

Possibly he wants to check to make sure it isn't a fake or OEM or a different type of Model processor before purchasing. I imagine he might be able to send an email to AMD to confirm if it is a 3950X processor if possible.

So I really don't see any reason not to give him the Serial number. He can't use it in any way falsely concerning AMD since AMD has your ownership connected to that processor.

Maybe someone else can come up with a valid reason not to give someone else a processor's serial number. I personally don't see any security risk to you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Well, the AMD Warranty has expired and besides it is non-transferable to another owner.

Ask him why he needs to know the Serial Number of the Processor?

Possibly he wants to check to make sure it isn't a fake or OEM or a different type of Model processor before purchasing. I imagine he might be able to send an email to AMD to confirm if it is a 3950X processor if possible.

So I really don't see any reason not to give him the Serial number. He can't use it in any way falsely concerning AMD since AMD has your ownership connected to that processor.

Maybe someone else can come up with a valid reason not to give someone else a processor's serial number. I personally don't see any security risk to you.

0 Likes

No worries, thank you for the quick reply. I guess they may want to check that it is legit. I'll update the photo on ebay. Thanks again

As you know Ebay is not the most secure site to purchase merchandise especially electronics.

Ebay is rift with people selling prudutcs under false advertising. But to Ebay's credit they have taken steps to weed out the scammers as far as Vendors goes.

But when buying a product from another User you have no way of knowing what you will be getting unless you trust the person you are buying from. That is where PayPal comes in handy. You can always dispute the charge if the product wasn't what you wanted or was defective.

0 Likes