stub
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 3900X Voltage Spikes, crashing out of games and windows

Specs:

• Ryzen 9 3900x
  • Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev B
    • CPU at 55C under gaming load
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
    • (BIOS F13a, but issue has persisted on all BIOSes, from F1 through F12)
    • All settings on auto, except XMP, which is on profile 1
  • PSU: Corsair RM750X
    • (tested in 8 core Intel system with GTX 1070 Ti, not faulty)
  • GPU: RX560 and GTX 1080
    • (tested at different times, GPUs tested in separate system, not faulty)
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 3200 mhz 32GB (on the qvl list for my board)
  • SSD: Samsung 970 EVO plus 1Tb
  • OS: Win 10 Pro, Fresh legal install, newest AMD B550 chipset drivers.

Hello Everyone!

I am having constant problems with crashing out of games and sometimes even the browser.

The screen will freeze and turn off, and the sound will glitch, and I will have to turn the PC off and on to get it working again.

As windows logs indicated a GPU driver crash, I initially suspected that my GTX 1080 was to blame, but when I switched it out for a friends RX 560, the issue still persisted. Both AMD and NVIDIA drivers (newest versions) crash to the desktop or turn off the screen entirely. The issue has persisted through multiple installs of windows, multiple GPUs, and GPU drivers and all BIOS versions of the mobo.

I monitored the PC in HWinfo64, during two gaming sessions, both ending in a crash. Some of the readouts are visualized here:

test.pngtest_2.png

As you can see the monitoring stops immediately after a large spike in voltage, up to 1.46 volts (during load!!), which tanks the amperage as well. This is when the PC crashes.

Do you guys have any idea what could be causing my crashes, and how I could fix them?

BIOS1.jpgBIOS2.jpg

0 Likes
1 Reply
ganderson
Journeyman III

Have you found a solution to this problem, im having the same issue.

0 Likes