cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Matt3187
Journeyman III

Ryzen 9 3900X motherboard error code C5

I am using an Aorus X570 Master Motherboard with Corsair 4x8 memory.  I continue to cycle C5 every 20seconds.  I have cleared the CMOS and updated the BIOS to F22.  I have replaced the memory, moved the memory to each slot, disconnected all other components, removed the CPU (three times) to make sure pins are not bent, reduced the cooler pressure on the CPU.  I have done everything I can think of before returning the CPU as defective.  Please help.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Gigabyte's Q-Code C5 seems to be related to Ram Memory.

Is your RAM listed under the Motherboard's QVL List by any chance?

Could be either a defective CPU or Motherboard or RAM Module.

I would run MEMTEST86 to eliminate defective RAM Memory.

I would install one Ram stick and see if the issue continue or not.

I would open a Gigabyte Support ticket (as long as your RAM is listed on the QVL List) and ask them if the Motherboard is defective. Reason why I mentioned if the RAM is listed on the QVL List is because most likely Gigabyte Support may not help you if you have unlisted RAM installed or say it is due to your RAM not being on the QVL List. but just hypothesizing.

0 Likes

RAM is listed.  GIGABYTE is non responsive.  I believe I am down to a defective processor or motherboard.  I am ready to return both to Amazon.  There are many people with the same issue (as listed on the various blogs).  I have been a loyal Intel user for the past 25 years but decided to give AMD a chance.  I may go back to Intel at this point.

0 Likes