cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jfinglas
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 9 3900x is out of stock

mine boost to 4.4-5ghz grand, all cores. The f4i bios with the updated xmp support did a lot to help with 3200mhz ram speed compatibility and core boosts. Also, ive not seen the huge TDP spikes others are reporting.

Intel are pointedly not better. For example, in benchmark test the 9900k overclocked to 5.1ghz comes out about 10-15%  (5-10% stock) better...  then the stock clocked 3900x... in single thread performance.

And in multithread performance the stock clocked 3900x comes out so much better so much better than the 9900k overclocked that the comparison is literally laughable. its so much of a gap that Intel have pulled 9900k comparison from apps like CineBench.

THe gen 3 ryzen 7 gaming cpus are doing very well in gaming. and the gen 3 ryzen 9 consumer workload level cpus are literally slaughtering intel performance... even their xeons.

In mutlithread performance the only thing that beat my 3900x was 2 dual socket xeon blade servers, one was 46 cores and one was 60 cores. Intel need 2 cpus , triple the core count and double the ram and ram channels to barely beat my 1 cpu with 32gigs ram and dual channel.

In single core performance, my cpu beats even those cpus. (again the 9900k no longer shows but it would beat my cpus by a solid 10-15% if it did).

As of right now.... AMD are not the competition.. they are right this moment markets leaders in multithreaded cpu technology. BY a huge margin. and in gaming, the only reason they are not the market leaders..is because

a: Vulkan is not supported by a lot of game developers ( if it was a vega 64 running most games on vulkan beats most nvidia cards running almost anything)

and..

b: Most games dont use multithread, which they could and it would improve performance, its just harder to code. but if they did... yeah...AMD would be killing it. And that will happen in time.

And Shinkojiro to respond to a point you made in another post... you are right.. there IS a reason intel are the market leaders going back 20 years...

See the leader of amd is very smart and decide not to compete directly with any of intels product lines but instead to make cpu that are close to, but not quite up to their standard.. and to leap frog the technology and bgan a 10+ year long development program in multithread cpu design with the intention of becoming the market leader down the line.. not in the technology of today, but in the technology of tomorrow. she succeeded. Gen ryzen performance dunks all over intels 7nm technology win the applications it was made for, and almost matches the intel 7nm product line in the the applications those where made for. Gen 3 ryzen beat intel 10nm product line while it was still on the design line. So much so that intel have basically scrapped 10nm. And it will probably prove to beat 14nm too.

0 Likes
p810252
Journeyman III

Still trying to buy one here get stock problem when i i t to order one from any of the main uk sites so not having any luck here

0 Likes
nickjackalson
Adept III

nice, look what I got from a simple 2400 CL14 RAM got me after I CO'd it to 3600 CL20 on a ryzen 3600 cpu, this even only boosts to 4GHz all core, 4.1GHz single core

Cinebench+Stock+3600+RAM+1589.png

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I noticed you are using Windows 8, 10 version 1903 is not so bad now that a couple of update rollups have been released

ajlueke
Grandmaster

More than that.  The Windows scheduler does not assign threads correctly to the Ryzen 3000 series with any version prior to Windows 10 1903.

0 Likes
p810252
Journeyman III

Finally got one shipped and £50  cheaper via amd store they came back in stock lastnight

0 Likes
adr_tech
Miniboss

Still almost impossible to get one of these ordered, I saw it once on amazon for about $504 for pre-order, so many people/bots must've been buying that the site glitched and would not let me put it in my cart. Sold out shortly after that.

0 Likes
neutralus
Journeyman III

I'm waiting on the 3900X as well.  I'm using this for my first AMD build.  I chose to shift to AMD for the simple fact that they support PCI 4.0.  And it's extremely disappointing that two months out and I still can't build my system.  I don't want to waste a few hundred dollars on a lower SKU CPU until this one becomes available.  So I'm waiting on availability for this CPU.  What is taking so long?  I gave it a week after launch to wait for independent reviews and then decided to get the 3900X as it was perfect for my needs and I liked what I saw.  Since my decision it has been over two months and I still can't find an available CPU outside of Ebay regardless of how many 'Notification' request I put out.  Now maybe this is just a really popular CPU or there just aren't enough made, but regardless AMD needs to ramp up production.  After two months of release time they should have their production figured out and these consistently available at all retailers whether online or brick and mortar stores.  

chadel
Adept I

I ordered my Ryzen 9 3900X on the 16th of July. Got contacted by the store 3 times now, they either have not received the shipment or the shipment was moved to a different date or was just too small and I was too far in line to get the product. Today I've been told that the shipment they were supposed to get yesterday was moved to October.
After 2 months of waiting, I'm starting to lose hope that I'll get it. Will AMD help with the problem of accessibility for this processor? 

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

chadel wrote:

I ordered my Ryzen 9 3900X on the 16th of July. Got contacted by the store 3 times now, they either have not received the shipment or the shipment was moved to a different date or was just too small and I was too far in line to get the product. Today I've been told that the shipment they were supposed to get yesterday was moved to October.
After 2 months of waiting, I'm starting to lose hope that I'll get it. Will AMD help with the problem of accessibility for this processor? 

I check NewEgg and no R9 3900X since I added it to my wishlist. At the end of September the R9 3950X is expected to be available and I am wondering how bad the supply of them will be.