cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

EmrNsEym
Adept I

Ryzen 7 7700x desktop ghz

After my windows 11 latest update done : Even when it is idle on the desktop, it works at 5.5ghz,  I checked bios settings cpb (core performans boost) is auto so it should be 4.5 ghz when cpu is idle but cpu works at 5.5 all the time so cpu works at 95 celcius degree. When i configure my powerplan (highest processors status) from %100 to %99 cpu works at 4.5ghz or something so cpu works at 33 celcius degree at the desktop.   Is this normal or is there a problem in my settings? I tried with windows 10 and same problems. 

0 Likes
7 Replies

you need to set your Windows Power plan Processor State minimum to 5% and Maximum to 100% under Windows Power Plan - Balanced.

What that does, from what I understand, is when the processor has no or little load it will run at 5% of it speed but when the processor is under heavier loads it will automatically increase from 5% up to 100% if needed. Once the CPU is back to idle it will automatically go down again to 5% of its speed since it has little or no load at that time.

Windows Power Plan Performance, I believe, the default Processor State Minimum is 98% and Maximum is 100% or something of that nature.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

EmrNsEym, where are these frequencies coming from? If Windows, they are probably wrong. Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM). I recommend you stay out of BIOS, use RM for setting PBO and other settings. Thanks and enjoy, John.

ryzen 7.jpg

0 Likes
EmrNsEym
Adept I

It works like this on the desktop, it doesn't drop. You can see it in the picture. It hasn't been like this for the last two days. I suspect it's broken in my cooler.

Thanks, EmrNsEym. Not your cooler but application, "ARMOURY CRATE User Session...". Please kill this and see what happens. It does look like your temperature is a little high for one core running at 5+ GHz. You do not need to change your power profile. Please check your cooler mounting and post all your system components. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I sent my cooler for repair and when it arrives I will test it again and get back to you. Thank you.

0 Likes

Thanks, EmrNsEym. Best of luck. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes