cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Menarini
Adept I

Ryzen 7 5800X

Hello. I have installed the new components to a final build. Unfortunately, I could not see the problem coming, because I was using the whole time Silent mode.

At the moment I am experiencing some unusual temperature of the CPU when I try to stress the CPU with Prime95 or OCCT applications.

I ran the stress test for three minutes and I could see that CPU was at 90 degrees of Celsius or 194 Fahrenheit what I do believe is crazy. 

The power settings I used were balanced power mode with minimum processor state at 0% and maximum at 100%.

My question is simple. What am I supposed to do? Some people tried to undervoltage the CPU and it worked, but should I actually do that with brand new CPU? Should not it work properly? I have seen some people getting the same or 1-2 degrees of Celsius less with Water Coolers and that is just crazy. According to AMD these CPUs are able to withstand 90-95 degrees, but like....it also diminishes the life expectancy of the CPU itself. I was also researching about where the whole heat thing is located and it is not in the middle, but somewhere around the corners of the CPU.

My PC build:

Ryzen 7 5800x

GT 1030

32GB Ram DDR4 3600MHz HyperX

Seasonic GX 750 Gold

Fractal Design 7 Compact

Dark Rock Pro 4

MSI B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI

My fans: 2x140mm Arctic P14 in front of the case, 1x140MM P14 on the upper side, 1x120MM P12 at the back side.

The liquid metal I am using is Condoctonaut and I have also a following picture of how the thermal paste looks like when it was installed. The liquid was only installed on IHS, not on cooler.

The cooler was installed properly, if I used more pressure I would break the MB for sure.

Some people say that the problem are:

1. 1xCCX + I/O

2. BIOS is pushing the voltage too high

3. Stock voltage

4. Bad piece

E74649C6-9F52-4846-9FF8-959660473996.png

0 Likes
0 Replies