cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Shamgod2324
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 5800x not working and black screen?

Hello all! I recently got a Ryzen 7 5800x. My motherboard is the Asus Tuf X-570 plus. This supports Zen 3 5000 series and I have updated the bios to the most recent build. However when I install my new processor I am getting lots of lag in the bios screen, my monitor will sometimes not pick up anything so it’s just black screen, sometimes it boots to windows but then shuts off randomly. Was wondering if anyone had a solution for this? I’m assuming trying just one stick of ram instead of the two that’s in it? Or resetting the cmos? Problem is if I reset the cmos it’ll be back to a bios build that might not support Zen 3...

4 Replies
qbtheslayer
Challenger

You should always reset the BIOS after a CPU upgrade.  Reseting the BIOS does not revert the BIOS to an older one...  it just loads the BIOS defaults...  It is even a good and safe practice to reset the BIOS after a BIOS update since sometimes things get changed and don't carry over from old to new.

QB

0 Likes

My GPU is a evga RTX 3080, power supply is a Corsair 850 power supply gold 

0 Likes

Your GPU is crashing... Update the driver or wait the stable one...

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If you plug out-in a processor, the BIOS will already reset to factory settings. Processor replacement is the same. Black screen errors are usually caused by the GPU PSU. Is there any signal loss with a black screen? What is your GPU and PSU?

0 Likes