Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Dirtycopgangsta
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 5800x low performance Warzone

Hello,

I'm recent AMD user, just switched over from an Intel Core i7 8700k that could do 5ghz@1.3v across all cores with 0 issues.

I've bought an X570 Tomahawk mobo, and paired it with a 5800x.

I've updated BIOS, set it to default settings and I've installed the latest ryzen chipset drivers.

I'm using Ryzen Master to look at clocks and I'm noticing that in Warzone the average values are as follows :

• 1 = 1890

• 2 = 4250

• 3 = 1550

• 4 = 2030

• 5 = 1680

• 6 = 26507

• 7 = 2060

• 8 = 4250

I'm comparing to this guy's results, and he's running like 4800 across all clocks! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtRBOJT2gKA

My setup :

X570 Tomahawk

5800x

RTX 2080 TI @1930-1950mhz

3200mhz Vengeance rgb pro

EDIT : CPU's cooled by an Alphacool Eisbaer LT with a 360mm rad and Corsair LL120 fans. It sits on 65-72°C.  XMP is on. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
johcamp21
Adept I

Go to documents/Players/Adv options file. Change renderer count to 8

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

4,8ghz on all core by default in game seems strange to me , is that a very demanding game ? you can't say there is a performance issue if only checking core frequency, maybe the guy he fixed something in his bios to get that but it's not default... what makes you think you have a performance issue except that ? what are your fps ?

maybe check the usage of your gpu first

0 Likes

Can confirm that alot of cores hit 4.8 in warzone. It's not fully pegged all the time, but they are busy.

0 Likes

"a lot" , no i don't think so, even if the video makes you think that , 4.8 on a 5800x is only one core boost at default i think (the guy is surely oc in some way in my view) , i just checked a video of warzone , in fact cpu usage is 30% average , ... so ok but still , first check gpu usage and compare with fps , that will tell more if something is problematic , and maybe you are even in power saving mode with cpu but that's not a problem if fps are good , that's good for the planet lol

0 Likes

To clarify I am in high performance power mode so that does make a difference, but yes I run with two monitors have hwinfo up on one and warzone on the other. I see the frequency the cores are running at.  What does the utilization stat say? Somewhere between 40-60% is common depending on how many players are in the area or what part of the map I'm in. I'm sure hyperthreading plays into the utilization though but I'm not talking about virtual cores.

0 Likes