cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

BcityModz
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 5800X & Tuf Gaming X570

So i have been trying to help my buddy the best i can being remote and all. He has never built a PC before this one but he did a good job. So here are his specs of his build,

Tuf Gaming X570 Plus (wifi)

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb DDR4 3600

So the issue he is having is his computer is just randomly shutting down, we thought it was a over heat issue since he had an old cooler off his 7 year old PC he is replacing. He has now taken it to someone who had claimed to fix it but when we started playing lastnight it cut out, so we switched games and it cut out even faster. The place he took it replaced his HDD and said it was the problem and claimed to have done a stress test and they had no issues. 

So he has currently changed his CPU cooler, PSU, HDD to SSD M.2, even added more fans cause i thought it was a heat issue. The computer place also had him buy a APC because he was using a dollar store power strip. We have reinstalled windows from scratch, the only time we got any kind of play out of it was when i had him reset his BIOS to default we got to play The Cycle for about 2.5 hours with no issues and then it shutdown again.  I will also include that for about the first week of it being put together he had no issues, was working fine we could play any game for hours with no issue, i wanna say the day he started having problems was when he installed WarZone and he did the optimization for it. Everything that has been done to this build has happen after that game. 

If you need any other information just ask, ill answer to the best i can. 

0 Likes
2 Replies

Is the ram model on the mobo/cpu memory compat list (QVL), especially if it's a 4 stick kit.

Has the bios been set up with optimal (non OC) settings, someone on the asus support forum can probably offer config for the combo.

Any errors in event viewer related to the cpu or kernel power.

Is the psu (a known quality brand) at or above the graphic card maker recommendation.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I will have to check about the RAM. it was only a dual pack.

We were playing around in the bios, but he dont know what he is doing and im trying to help over video chat. his bios dont look to user friendly either.

No errors at all in event viewer. 

He has tried 2 different PSU. he only has a 1060 so either one should have worked in that area. 

I do know i am questioning the guy he has "fixing" it. He has already been sold a M.2 drive that was supposed to fix the problem and he got home and crashed within mins. The guy claims the CPU is shot, so my buddie has ordered a Ryzen 5 instead. I really have no clue what he is doing now since he bought the board and cpu as a combo.

0 Likes