Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bsod
Adept I

Ryzen 7 5700G - no HDR with dial monitor setup

Hi forum,

i've got  a Ryzen 7 5700G that is installed on an Aorus Wifi Pro mainboard (X570 chipset, 2x HDMI out) with 32GB RAM.

With a single monitor attached (LG-27UL850-W) i can run 4K and HDR enabled. I am not a gamer, so performance doesn't bother me.

Recently, i have extended my monitor with another LG-27UL850-W monitor. So i am running a dual monitor setup with the same monitors. Both are attached via HDMI to the mainboards HDMI outs.

As soon as two monitors are attached i am not able to turn on HDR. Both are running at 4K, but HDR is not possible. If turning on the switch in Windows, it's flickering and then turning back.

I have contacted the mainboard support, but they've said it's the fault of the APU.

Is is possible to run HDR with my setup?

Software info:

- Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit 22H2

- Driver version: 22.20.29.10-221130a-386458C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition

- AMD Windows driver version: 31.0.12029.10015

regards,

bsod

0 Likes
5 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

bsod, please post your MB. Where did you get your AMD drivers? If not here that may well be your problem. I have always suggested to users to get only BIOS from MB vendor and all AMD drivers from AMD. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi misterj,

thank you for your reply. This is my mb:

X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) Unterstützung | Mainboards - GIGABYTE Germany

I have flashed the newest bios for the mb: F36

I have downloaded the AMD drivers from this product page:

AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G Drivers & Support | AMD

0 Likes

bsod, if you DLed from there then you should have Adrenalin 22.11.2 Recommended (WHQL), not what you posted above. Please open Control Panel (Windows Key-i-Aps-AMD Software) and post a screen shot of AMD Software. Here's mine:

AMDsoftware.png

Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi john,

it looks like it's the same adrenalin version:

bsod_0-1675287188934.pngbsod_1-1675287244612.png

regards,

bsod

0 Likes

Thanks, bsod. Please open an AMD Support Request here. Google has many hits on this problem here is one. You should also post here. Lots of hits there on a search. Enjoy, John.