Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

whalim
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 5700G black screen during gaming

Hello, i just bought Ryzen 7 5700G

and during gaming session, usually after 15-20 minutes into the game, my monitor would lose the output connection from the Processor's graphics, and would just turn blank, and the only way to fix it is to hard reset. 

anyone having problem with this from using Ryzen 7 700G during gaming?

I am using:
ASRock X300 Jupiter Casing + stock mainboard
16gb RAM Corsair
NVME SSD Seagate

My main suspect is the ASRock X300 Jupiter stock fan isn't enough to cool down the CPU, but i am not sure, i am seeking for advice from more advanced users here,

please help!

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
dwx256
Journeyman III

Maybe you should blame it’s power supply? I don’t think x300 series can fit a ryzen 7 5700g. On my water cooled system, this apu can consume more than 150w with pbo 2 enabled. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
dwx256
Journeyman III

Maybe you should blame it’s power supply? I don’t think x300 series can fit a ryzen 7 5700g. On my water cooled system, this apu can consume more than 150w with pbo 2 enabled. 

0 Likes

Hello, thanks for replying,

the CPU/GPU works fine as long as i can keep the temp under 90 ofc, ( so doing Photoshop / Movies and light gaming such as Roblox would be fine )  but the only problem is, i cannot install any additional cooling in the case, because it's just that compact.

Any newer games will make the CPU overheat in just 10 minutes and force the GPU to kill the output connection to my monitor.
are there no way around this other than to change the casing so i can install additional cooling system? maybe like underclock it or something?

0 Likes

You are absolutely right, i've been testing my rig for almost a month by now.

The only 2 main problem with using X300 Jupiter as the barebone for Ryzen 7 5700G has come down to the following:

the unit's 90W/19V Adapter won't be enough for the Ryzen 7 5700G under heavy load => resulting in black screen
Overheating fast enough due to stock fan from X300 Jupiter => resulting in black screen after 10-20 minutes of heavy intensive game

Few Solution i have come up with are:

Underclock the Ryzen -> your only option if you still want to use the X300 Jupiter with Ryzen 7 5700G

Or

Completely get rid of the X300 Jupiter and use a proper casing ( PSU, Cooling to avoid black screen as the X300 Jupiter is just not the right pair for the Ryzen 7 5700G )

0 Likes
AR0x7e7
Adept I

Hi everybody!

I'm experiencing a similar issue: my two monitor turn black during gaming sessions, system is not responsive anymore and needs a hard reset via power off/on switch at the PSU -> with the front panel power button a reboot is not possible in that state.

Regarding my setup:

• Ryzen 7 5700G
  • Gigabyte A520M DS3H with current BIOS version F14f (released 13.10.2021)
  • Crucial Ballistix Gaming Memory DDR4 3600 16GB Kit (2x 8GB) running in XMP with 3600Mhz 
  • be quiet! PURE POWER 400W PSU
  • be quiet! PURE ROCK 2 CPU cooler
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 500GB
  • MS Windows 10 Pro Build 19043 with latest updates
  • latest Radeon Softwareversion 21.11.3 (released 16.11.2021)
  • 2x AOC Gaming C27G1 - 27" monitor (27G1G4) connected via:
    • Displayport running at 1920x1080 and 144Hz
    • HDMI running at 1920x1080 and 60Hz

Games statistics:

• League of Legends (running at 144fps cap) -> occasionally  (like 1 out of 50 games)
  • King of Crabs (running probably at 60fps) -> more often (like 1 out of 10 games) -> problem seems to disappear if second monitor is turned off
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (running probably at 60fps) -> did not occur even once

CPU heat metric:

• the temperature of the CPU averages 62°C during gaming, so I doubt it has something to do with hitting the thermal limit

Summary:

To avoid the black screening at the moment my only option is to turn off the second screen (with of course sucks big time!).

Hence, any further help or suggestions are highly appreciated - thanks in advance!

0 Likes